Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello again,

I joined a few days ago and have been lurking around a little. I've decided that it's time for me to post. I, as you may have guessed, have SAD. I don't remember exactly when it started, but it was around the age of 13. I have no idea how it started or why; all I know is that it's made my life up to this point worthless and intolerable. The first thing it did was make me quit playing baseball(age 13 or so). I lied my way out of having to go to practice because, "My knee hurts". I had surgery on my knee earlier, and found it to be a great excuse to not having to go anymore. After that, I quit going out with my friends and doing other activities like skating.

By the age of 15 when I was in high school, I was a loner and avoided everyone besides a couple people I knew only in school and didn't go out with very much. I ate my lunch by myself or with one other kid on the wall of the library. Eventually I started skipping school because I couldn't handle being around all the people anymore. I would play it off like I was getting sick, until I eventually just started walking off campus and waiting for it to be time for school to be out before going back home. After a while of that, it didn't take long before I stopped going all together. I somehow convinced my dad to let me take online school which I did for a while. I would bypass having to do the discussions by getting high grades in everything but that and still passing with a c- or so. After me doing this for a little while, the teachers started telling me I had to complete the discussions with the class as well. So eventually I quit doing that too, because they wouldn't let me pass without having the discussions done. Don't ask how I got away with that without my parents making me do it, because I don't know.

So by this time I was 16, and pretty much spent my time on the computer playing MMOs. I met my current girlfriend on a game called Pristontale, she lives in The Netherlands, and I in Arizona, U.S. After a while of us being together I went out there and saw her for two months, which was great. Being over there I had no worries about anything. When I got back, I wanted to see her again. This was when I got up the courage to look for a job, it took a while and I only submitted online applications. I got a job pushing carts. Made enough to see her again (17 years old now). and I did this again the following year, this time she came back with me though. (18 years old) and a couple more times since then.

I am now 21 years old and we have been together for over 5 years. I only work part time with my brother in law as an Audio/Video installer. I live with my dad still, and I don't have a highschool diploma. We are finally starting the immigration process, with the help of my dad being a sponsor. I can't coast through life anymore with the bare minimum. I need to be able to get my G.E.D., I don't have a driver's license, and I need to be able to get a better job. I haven't been able to tell anybody this besides my girlfriend, and I don't think she fully understands just how bad it is. I haven't told my family, and I can't bring my self to tell them or go to the doctor.

There you have it, that's my life story I guess. I know it's long and that most of you won't read it. It felt good to get it out though, so I couldn't stop myself. I just needed to let it out. Thanks. :blank

-------------------------------------------------------------------

TL;DR version:

Hi, I have SAD and I hate my life, (other than my girlfriend).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Edit)

Oh yes, I forgot to mention. At around 17 I started getting into photography. By 19 I had a lot of equipment and just started selling some photos to a stock website. Around that same time, my family and friends all started asking me to take their photos and my friend wanted me to take his wedding photos. I sold my camera and all my equipment and bought a computer, monitors, all new things. I told everyone it was because I needed it, but in all honesty it was so they would stop asking me to take pictures for them. I quit everything I used to like to do, and it's all because I can't handle people.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome Gloric! :)

·
Registered
9,274 Posts
Hi Gloric. Welcome to SAS!

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Gloric welcome. :hyper

·
silver
127 Posts
Hi Gloric,

You decided to post a intro after all... excellent... Welcome to the forum.

Hopefully we will catch up on chat some time.

sda

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Gloric, just take one step at a time. Inch by inch, its a cinch. You know what you have to do. Just have to want it bad enough. I'm new here too. Nice to meet you.

·
Registered
7,169 Posts
:wel to SAS!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts