Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I thought I would introduce myself and tell you all a bit about my SA.

I'm a 20 year old male and have had social anxiety as long as I can remember. I think some of it may have come from genetics, but most aspects I'm sure were all created in my head. :b.

The anxiety that I have is almost entirely in social situations and has been a big struggle for me in many ways. My grades have always been great, but I have a hard time in job interviews so I seem to be stuck in the same dead-end stressful retail job. Hopefully the college degree (computer science) I will get in about 2 years will help interest employeers because I seem to be out of luck on my own.

I have vigorously tried fighting my SA with medicine without much help. Over the past 5 years, I have taken Prozac, Zoloft, and Inderal without results.. even Marijuana, which seemed to be my addictive escape, but socially gives me horrible panic feelings to the point where I can't even speak!

Any advice would be appreciated, and I'll look forward to hearing you guys elsewhere on this board. :)

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
Welcome, Travelholic! :)

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey travelholic welcome. :hyper

1 - 4 of 4 Posts