Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. My name is David and I'm from Ohio. Since around 9th grade I've always felt anxiety in normal situations. I didn't think it was a big deal until it got worse over time. I'm now 20 years old and been graduated from High School for two years. What finally convinced me that there was something really wrong with me was the fact that I can't even so much as get a job and live my life the way I want because I'm just overtaken by simple things such as answering the phone and getting applications to fill out. About 6 months ago or so I looked up my symptoms on the internet and have taken numerous "tests" to see what is wrong with me. So really it's a self diagnosis of Social Anxiety Disorder. I had never even heard about it until I researched what is wrong with me online. I joined to talk to people that might have similar problems. For, apparently, being the third most common psychological disorder in the US, I sure feel like I'm the only one with this problem.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey David,
I'm Paulina. I'm also 20! Yeah, during this recession, I'm desperately looking for a job. I had an interview at esprit and f*cked it up by being too nervous. Well welcome! I self diagnosed myself too but I do not if I should go to a doctor.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Hi Phobophobia :wel

Yeah if nothing else it is helpful knowing what you are experiencing is also happening to many others. Glad you're here & best wishes.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
:wel David. I'm Karl.

I think we're now up to a couple dozen Dave/Davids on SAS now.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey David welcome. :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, everyone, for your welcome.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts