Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,
I'm familiar with this board because I lurked a few yrs ago-didn't post at all now that I think about it(go figure). I am here for fellow support -support and understanding that is hard to come by in the "real world". I'm getting older and even though I've come far in the past several years, I still feel like I'm in this struggle. I'm trying to stay motivated and positive and most importantly ACTIVE on this message board and in the "real world".

About me at a glance: 27/F/California currently employed in a job field I do not like, I am passionate about art so I've taken up painting, love sociology,music, film, the ocean and the company of others(lol yes something I'm working on ! )

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am very much with you on the "staying motivated" part. Having SA and moving forward positively in your life, is not easy as the two don't go very well together. So well done with what you have achieved, and welcome to being a full member of this board. I am also 27, and only came across this site in recent months. I am at the point now, where instead of dotting about, I really want to use it to connect properly with people and share ideas to overcome obstacles. I don't know about you, but I find SA goes hand in hand with other things, or should I say is a consequence of other difficulties or issues. It is very often SA is simply existing because someone is shy. It goes much deeper, and is more common than people think - even if some hide it well.
It's great that you are here, and feel free to drop a line at any time. :)

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey StayingMotivated welcome. :hyper

·
Registered
281 Posts
Welcome :) I've definitely found it important to be just as active on here as out there. I could type all day about my thoughts and problems and what I need to work on and what will help me...but without then putting that into practice and gaining recent positive experiences it's not gonna do much good.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!! I appreciate it! as far as paintings go I like to paint things found in nature-flowers,landscapes,seascapes etc :)

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
Welcome, StayingMotivated! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.