Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm Diane.
I've just come to the realization that I need to acknowledge that I have a problem and that it's limiting me.
I've always been a little out of place, I'm not really sure why exactly but I think it's because a.) I'm introverted b.) I'm having a hard time finding people I have something in common with c.) I'm not good with reaching out d.) I'm shy e.) I'm usually avoid things that cause me discomfort
I have a few good friendships but I feel that I'm not on the same wavelength as them. It's just that I feel all of them like the same things and want the same things in life; I'm the odd man (or in this case, woman) out.

At work, I'm mildly uncomfortable at how distant I am with my peers who seem a little more close with each other than they are with me. It seems I have the tendency to stick to one person, and go with the same small group. While I'm okay with having a very small group of friends at the workplace, I'm not sure whether I should be making more of an effort to connect with the others.
I'm just mostly confused right now. From the serenity prayer:
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference.
For now I can't tell the difference.

·
Banned
961 Posts
welcome to the forum :)

·
Banned
177,223 Posts