Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my name is Alex,i'm a 23 yr old guy,and atm i'm in college.I never had a problem actually with social anxiety,i mean i am not scared of people,i have friends,guys and girls but the biggest problem is i am still a virgin,and I actually never had a girlfriend.I'm about 1,78m,70kg and i like working out,keeping fit and i can see that most girls like me,they always look at me and smile and stuff like that but i'm just to afraid and i can't convince myself to go up to one and invite her out.My main fear is that when im going to actually get the guts to ask a girl out i'm going to start shaking like crazy and she'll just start laughing.I need to be fair and tell you that i tried inviting girls out via facebook but it didn't go so well,the girls wore not so receptive as i thought but i can understand that since they have thousands of friends,likes and they prolly get tons of messages.
I really need to change i realize that but i don't know where to start,some advice would be great,thank you.

·
Registered
154,234 Posts
Welcome, Adonis! :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi my name is Alex,i'm a 23 yr old guy,and atm i'm in college.I never had a problem actually with social anxiety,i mean i am not scared of people,i have friends,guys and girls but the biggest problem is i am still a virgin,and I actually never had a girlfriend.I'm about 1,78m,70kg and i like working out,keeping fit and i can see that most girls like me,they always look at me and smile and stuff like that but i'm just to afraid and i can't convince myself to go up to one and invite her out.My main fear is that when im going to actually get the guts to ask a girl out i'm going to start shaking like crazy and she'll just start laughing.I need to be fair and tell you that i tried inviting girls out via facebook but it didn't go so well,the girls wore not so receptive as i thought but i can understand that since they have thousands of friends,likes and they prolly get tons of messages.
I really need to change i realize that but i don't know where to start,some advice would be great,thank you.
I think all you gotta do is to be friends first with the girl you want to invite to date with. If you messaged her on facebook or dm her on twitter. Get to know her, ask her questions and open yourself to her. Tell her slightly about your anxiety. But don't divulge too much info. If she's okay with it then she's the right girl for you. And by the way, if you are in a date with a girl just look her straight in the eyes and don't look on the floor or to the ceiling. Being honest is the key to happiness. Remember that always. There are also a lot of strategies on overcoming your social anxiety.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts