Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I'll start of by using the common adage of being a "long time lurker, first time poster" on this forum. It's great to see that other people actually share the same feelings that I have when dealing with SA.

Personally, years ago I decided to take conscious action to fight this condition. The results of battling this has been exhausting at times and has taken it's toll in some regards. However the increased quality of life resulting from not feeling this has been very rewarding and worth the battle. However like every bad habit I tend to relapse from time to time, namely the present.

I feel that my SA was shaped by family factors/upbringing that made it difficult to interact and integrate with the outside world. This mostly had to with a clash of cultures and high expectations that was expected from me. Few years ago, I had enough and forced my self to live on my own and face the world around me. . . took huge amounts of effort(plus hitting rock bottom). As of now experiencing the accumulation of mini successes and experiencing the feeling of taking control of my life makes this pursuit of controlling my SA and eventually destroying it a mission of mine . . .LET'S DO THIS.

Cheers,

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sup IDM,

-devote some time regularly to working on it, preferably daily
-it's all about mental conditioning . . .unlearning the "false/negative" crap that brings you down
-except that it going to take a long time, change is gradual
-allowing yourself and accepting the fact that your going to make mistakes, and learning from them . . .it sucks but that's the only way you can learn

·
Registered
154,234 Posts
Welcome, LookinForward! :)

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey lookinforward welcome. :hyper

1 - 7 of 7 Posts