Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I introduce myself; I just wanna ask if this forum is specified for people particularly with a diagnosed social anxiety disorder of some sort? I just want to clarify and have some reassurance that I'm in the right place; since I myself don't have a diagnosed social anxiety disorder but I've been reading some of the posts here and my god. I cannot help but see how my own life is a complete parallel of all the posts here. In other words, I can relate to quite a bit of people on this forum, and I hope that you guys are okay with the idea of me dropping in.

That being said, let's share a little bit of info about myself. I am 17 years old, and from Oakville, Ontario (Canada). I have Aspergers Syndrome; and was diagnosed with it when I was 2 years old. As you guys can imagine as well as all stigmas surrounding Aspergers taken into consideration; I have had a lot of trouble with socializing and communicating with other people. My autism has been quite a huge obstacle for me, even though every year it's getting a little better. Still, I can't help but feel that I am socially immature relative to every one in my grade (I'm in Grade 12, for those that don't know).

Those are just some of the basics about me; there's tons more about me and my views on life that are just simply unnecessary to cover in a standard introduction thread but I hope you guys will get to know me well as I continue visiting this place and posting more. I'm quite relieved to know that there are people out there like me; who are outcasted, who have dealt with bullying, who generally feel like they won't succeed in life, etc. etc. I totally understand your situation, and I hope that we can all work together, give the much-needed support that everyone needs in real life, and generally move forward as a group.

Take care, guys. Nice to meet you all.

·
Banned
3,597 Posts
There are various people with other problems beside SAS, and a lot of people don't have it diagnosed either, so...

Welcome to SAS, hope you find what you are looking for :)

·
Sloth King
1,828 Posts
SAS is here for the people that need it :)
if the site helps you and you feel that you belong here, then this is definitely the place for you, so nothing to worry about!

That said, welcome to the forums! :)
(there are quite a few Canucks here! :O)

·
Registered
154,234 Posts
Welcome, BigBlueMoon! :)

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey BigBlueMoon welcome. :hyper

1 - 6 of 6 Posts