Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Hello from L.A!

491 views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  Alone42Long 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I found this site not too recently and everyone on here seems to be just like me. I find it very comforting in knowing I'm not the only one that is shy.

My name is Arman and I just turned 23. I was pretty much born shy, from what people tell me. I'm a very proud person and just identifying myself with sa seems weak to me sometimes, but I know that's not right... I have struggled with SA my whole life and it really used to be bad back in the high school days. I used to pack on the pounds and go into self-loathing mode like crazy after every social interaction. I had some close friends and still have a couple from high school now, but I really want to overcome this anxiety and step into the world.
I am better now and got athletic :D, but I take Xanax 1 mg sometimes if I am going to court or have a presentation or somefin like that. What REALLY helps is Dr. R's CBT program I downloaded (illegally, yea so what, wanna fight about it?). It is embedding my brain with very rational and logical thoughts and I am beginning to feel more and more "normal" everyday; CBT is a miracle! Now, I want to be a leader and let some of my natural charisma out. This sa has gone too far and I am pleased to share my thoughts with you guys.

Thanks

Go Lakers! Btw, I think Lamar Odom has some SA, if anyone is a Laker fan :)

See less See more
#2 ·
Hey Arman welcome. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.