Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had SA since I was 15 and being picked on in this private Christian school in Australia, what with me being the new kid, awkward, spacey, opinionated, foreign, and an agnostic. I had no friends for a year and a half (IRL). Then I transferred to an all girls public school and that was alright. Had a group to hang out with but we were never really that close. I went from a city to a middle of nowhere suburb in Aus so it was a bit of a culture shock.

I blamed the fact that I was living there for my social anxiety & depression, but when I moved back to California for college it was still there. It was something inside me all along. I couldn't blame my surroundings anymore. Around this time, when I was 18, I started hanging out with the wrong crowd and began drinking as a way to escape from my anxiety. These people took advantage of my low self-esteem and left me very hurt and angry, but I learned a lot from the experience. Things have been a lot better since then. I've reconnected with my old best friend and I have a boyfriend now. I've never found a therapist that works, nor have I been able to afford one. I'm taking 10 mg of Celexa but I can't even tell if it works.

So that's my story in a nutshell. Thank you to anyone who bothered to read! :)

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Jasmine, welcome to :sas

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
Welcome, MermaidBones! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts