Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm new here. Discovered this site through Google. It looks pretty cool so far :D

I will come back and share you my story because it's late at night and am very sleepy lol.

ZeL

·
Registered
315 Posts
Hi. I'm not an aussie but im close enough to toss you a fosters. G'day mate :3

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
Welcome, Zelah! :)

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Zelah :wels

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My story...

Thanks everyone for the Welcome!
I feel loved :)

Thought I join up because not only I'm here to get support, I'm also here to support you guys and learn more about social anxiety.
I have read about social anxiety... I read a lot about these things because I believe I can relate to what you experience. To me, it means being anxious in social situations, am I correct? I do get that...

I also have depression and anxiety (yet to be formally diagnosed)... since high school. Currently being treated by taking medication and regular monthly appointments with the psychiatrist. I'm doing well however, don't feel normal like I was. More detached. emotionally, physically, mentally and spiritually. So not sure how I can re-attach myself again to society.

Because I seem detached, I find it hard to get out of the house which is the only place I "feel" attached. And constantly get these thoughts which makes me feel anxious about what people think of me.

When the day is lovely outside, I want to go for a walk but these thoughts and feelings become too overwhelming.

Argh, sorry If I am not making sense, I'm just babbling away but I hope you get what I mean :(

How do cope with your anxieties? How are you all being treated?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts