Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody :)

I'm Marleen, 19 year almost 20. I'm from The Netherlands. I became a member here because there aren't much Dutch forums about SAD and those which are there aren't really active.

I think had SAD almost all my life. I was very quiet and anxious when I was a child. It became worse when I was 15. I started skipping school because I was so anxious for it. When my parents found out, I had to see a counseler. I have had different kinds of therapy since; talks with a psychiatrist, grouptherapy. Didn't help much. I'm still very anxious, especially for school. I'm now in my last year of highschool and I'm anxious the whole time. I don't know anyone there. I have no friends. SAD makes me very alone and depressed.

No one really seems to inderstand me. It makes me feel so lonely. I hope by coming here makes me feel a little less lonely.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Marleen, welcome to :sas

·
Banned
5,875 Posts
Hello Marleen. I can relate with a lot of what you said. I used to skip class as well, due to anxiety. I know how it feels to dread waking up in the morning knowing that you'll have to spend all day alone and stressed out by SA. Look on the bright side though, at least you're in your last year and you'll be out soon. I've got a feeling there will be a new beginning for you after HS, just wait and see. Welcome to the site :)

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
:wel

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, GreenEyes! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts