Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
SA Level: Over 9000!
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay this is very long so THANKYOU anyone who gives their time to read through it! I really appreciate that!

Hi. I'm a 17 year old guy from Asia. I'm introverted and have SA. I prob only developed SA something like 5 years ago. Before that I was introverted but I wasn't afraid to express my thoughts. Personally, I find it real easy to START talking to strangers but it is increasingly difficult for me to continue that conversation for more than like 3 mins...

Because of this reason, people normally develop a misconception that I'm just not interested in talking to them and so move on... Its like EVERYBODY knows who I am, my hobbies etc etc, yet they do not talk to me because they don't know me well ENOUGH (get what I'm trying to say?) I can become an acquaintance with people easily but that's about it. I am unable to develop that "status" to "friend" or "good friend" no matter how much time I spend around them...

In school I do have 5-6 good friends who I find real easy to talk to but most of them are not like me... They have loads of friends... are extroverted and so they are hardly ever around to talk to... I have one other friend who is also an introvert and finds it hard to talk to people just like me but he is really intelligent and because of this he has quite a few friends who involve him in all social activities even though he himself finds it difficult to get involved. He is exactly like a more intelligent version of me.

In class (since I don't talk unless asked to) I'm known as "the quiet one" and sometimes made fun of for being quiet (which hurts).People think I'm boring (Once I was actually asked "Why am I so dead all the time?") My classmates (except for my few friends) do not even notice if i'm there or not and it really doesn't make any difference to them (which hurts even more).Even though I try to fit in, I'm always left out, the last one to be chosen in a football team etc...

My primary interests are computers, technology and i love coding (I'm known as the Computer Expert by people who know me :D ). I also like doing Maths and Modern Physics interests me a too!

So yeah... that's pretty much everything about me...I know it long but it pretty much sums up everyting about me :D Thanks to anyone who bothered to read through it all! :clap

·
SA Level: Over 9000!
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh yeah and i CANNOT talk to girls AT ALL! Literally, I cannot even form one sentence without mucking it up... This is quite ironical because in my younger days (when i was 7-8) i prob had more girl friends (not girlfriends) than male friends. I really do not know how I developed SA...

·
Hi/Hola
2,091 Posts
Oh yeah and i CANNOT talk to girls AT ALL! Literally, I cannot even form one sentence without mucking it up... This is quite ironical because in my younger days (when i was 7-8) i prob had more girl friends (not girlfriends) than male friends. I really do not know how I developed SA...
I have the same problem,bro. Welcome to SAS:)

·
Registered
154,234 Posts
Welcome, RandomGuy95! :)

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey RandomGuy95 welcome. :hyper

1 - 6 of 6 Posts