Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been lurking here for awhile, but have just now decided to post because I actually have something to post about. YAY!!! My depression/SA has gotten so bad that my parents are sending me to "intensive" therapy starting tomorrow. Its 6.5 hours a day of I don't know what. Has anyone ever been in a similar program? How effective is it for SA?

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey weebeastiebaby :wels

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
:wel

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the warm welcome :D. I actually don't think it will help much except for the CBT portion because the therapy is mainly for people with bipolar disorder :no. I got my "sentence" reduced to 3 hours, which is especially great because my parents insurance covers NONE of it and they will be relying on my grandparents to pay for it :eek: I will keep you guys updated on how it goes and if anything is particularly effective for SA.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, WeeBeastieBaby! :)

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Hi, and welcome!

I hope this threatment helps you. My parents made me play Rugby and join the 'Drama' club when I was very young to cope with my shyness, but it did not help at all. It put me around outgoing people, which made me feel bad. Parents can become very worried with their kids.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts