Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello my fellow social anxietist,
I dont think that i can actually call myself a full blown anxietist. It seems to come and go at times. There are times that i can do anything I want and there are other when I force myself to do these things. I can have a simple conversation with anyone but I cant start one to save my life. i can go in to some stores and have no worries then there are other times i have left places because i feel to stressed out to handle it..Mainly the grocery store and walmart. I have had a difficult year and it seem that sa is taking over more than usual.
Here's a little history about me.
My parents divorced when i was 7 years old leaving my mother to raise me and my two sisters alone. When I was 10 we move to the eastern hemisphere. I believe that's when it all started I made it all the way through high school. I failed on the social side of things though.
I went to college for a couple of years but ended dropping out due to the fact i couldn't pass certain classes because they required public speaking and giving presentations. I couldn't bring myself to do it and it ultimately led to me dropping out cause i couldn't move forward without those damn credits.

My job requires me to interact with people all day long oddly enough I don't have a problem with it. But if I'm riding in the elevator and more people get on i'm the one standing ion the corner with their head facing the floor I feel embarrassed to be standing their i feel like they are judging me. I also cant stand large crowds if there's a full parking lot I ain't doing it. I haven't been to the mall in years.

To this day i never picked up the phone to order a pizza. I have never eaten in a restaurant by myself i have missed out on alot of things and i have alot of regrets because of it.. The biggest one is that I let the one person that I have ever cared about get away because I couldn't bring myself to let them know how i felt.

I'm hoping to learn and interact with others and offer my support so that together we can push forward and live our lives to the fullest.

Thanks for reading. I'm looking forward to getting to know some of you. feel free to ask me anything.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
:wel

I can't do presentations or speeches at all, so I identify. One of my worst fears.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Jerod, welcome to :sas

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
Welcome, PRSFan! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.