Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stumbled unto this site while searching Google for advice on meeting people. I honestly hadn't thought much if I had social anxiety or not. The more I read and thought about it, the more it sounds like I do. I just figured I was introverted, but I guess they're not a huge leap from one another.

Anyways, I'm 27 female from Canada. I am in a serious relationship (it's long distance atm), but I would like to have friends too. I have a problem with making that first step and going out on my own or approaching someone to talk to. I'm not in school and unemployed. Both of which stress me out and hold me back from being social. I feel like anyone I meet will think I'm a loser. I'm trying to get out of this rut, but it's a slow difficult process. Having no friends to hang out with doesn't make it any easier.

I've never been fond of crowds. In school I always had 1 or 2 really good friends that I would hang out with. At school we'd have a group of friends, but I always felt awkward. I just find it hard to have a conversation with a group of people. I can do one-on-one (at the most 2 people), but more than that and I blank out on what to say. So, the thought of joining a club or group doesn't appeal to me.

I would like to go out to places, but it feels like they're places you go with a couple of friends. I sometimes end up going with my family and feel awkward because I see other people with their friends. Often times I feel like I'm alone in feeling this way, so it's nice to see there are other people out there in similar situations as me. It's nice to know I'm not alone. :)

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey game nerd welcome. :hyper

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
Welcome, GameNerd! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts