Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not really sure what to say so... I'll just start with what ever comes to my mind....

Hello all. I am 21, turning 22 shortly, yet I am a bit afraid to socialize, so I have very little friends. My friends that I have, I only ever talk to them about once, maybe twice a year. I want to be more social, yet I am afraid to just walk up to some one and start talking to them.

I may work as a cashier at a gas station, but I just say "Anything else you need?", or "Your change is this much.", and a few others things such as have a good day and what not. I have trouble talking to my Co-Workers as well, and I can't even walk up to a random person and start talking to them. I feel uncomfortable talking to others because of the way I was treated during my school life. I'm afraid of what others may think of me, and more than 90% of the time, I don't know what to even say to some one.

I mostly stay in the back and stay quiet, and do my job, not talking to anyone. When I get home, all I do is play video games, as they are my escape, yet I feel lonely, even with my family near me. I am even afraid to talk with my family. I have been called Anti-Social, ASocial, Introvert, Shy, a Social Reject. I have been used to it lately, but now its started getting to me.

I am tired of being lonely, with no friends to talk to, or no one to turn to. Not having a life, or going out with friends to the movies, or just hanging out with them. I had a social group for a little while, but I felt uncomfortable with them. I would play D&D with them, and wouldn't talk about anything else, so I eventually left them.

I am sick of it, sick of not being able to talk with some one face to face, always wondering what the other person is thinking of me, worrying if I am bothering them, scared that I might offend them, not having anything to say. I don't know what to do. I am even afraid to go out and ask for help from others.

In person most people are lucky if they can get two words out of me, online its different, but I am still unable to really connect with anyone, and enjoy talking with them. I am socialiby awkward as well, which doesn't help much.

I know I have said a lot here, but I find it a lot easier to talk online to others, rather than face to face.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Stephen, welcome to :sas

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
Welcome, Varnis54! :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
I can relate to some of the things you're feeling now. How were you treated during your school life? I think that's the main reason why you're having this anxiety.

Just remember, you're not alone in this world.

I'm not really sure what to say so... I'll just start with what ever comes to my mind....

Hello all. I am 21, turning 22 shortly, yet I am a bit afraid to socialize, so I have very little friends. My friends that I have, I only ever talk to them about once, maybe twice a year. I want to be more social, yet I am afraid to just walk up to some one and start talking to them.

I may work as a cashier at a gas station, but I just say "Anything else you need?", or "Your change is this much.", and a few others things such as have a good day and what not. I have trouble talking to my Co-Workers as well, and I can't even walk up to a random person and start talking to them. I feel uncomfortable talking to others because of the way I was treated during my school life. I'm afraid of what others may think of me, and more than 90% of the time, I don't know what to even say to some one.

I mostly stay in the back and stay quiet, and do my job, not talking to anyone. When I get home, all I do is play video games, as they are my escape, yet I feel lonely, even with my family near me. I am even afraid to talk with my family. I have been called Anti-Social, ASocial, Introvert, Shy, a Social Reject. I have been used to it lately, but now its started getting to me.

I am tired of being lonely, with no friends to talk to, or no one to turn to. Not having a life, or going out with friends to the movies, or just hanging out with them. I had a social group for a little while, but I felt uncomfortable with them. I would play D&D with them, and wouldn't talk about anything else, so I eventually left them.

I am sick of it, sick of not being able to talk with some one face to face, always wondering what the other person is thinking of me, worrying if I am bothering them, scared that I might offend them, not having anything to say. I don't know what to do. I am even afraid to go out and ask for help from others.

In person most people are lucky if they can get two words out of me, online its different, but I am still unable to really connect with anyone, and enjoy talking with them. I am socialiby awkward as well, which doesn't help much.

I know I have said a lot here, but I find it a lot easier to talk online to others, rather than face to face.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts