Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was really glad to find this forum. I ran into it after googling 'GPA anxiety'- I have a long history with SA and was surprised to see others linking the two subjects.

As I said I'm glad to be here, BUT... I'm really disheartened/intimidated by the amount of negativity I'm seeing on some of these threads. People being rude to each other, snappy, sometimes nasty. Someone provided a link they liked and others complained about it being short, or being rude of the link being wrong at first- doesn't it take bravery for some of us to post on a public forum? How is tearing them down any kind of 'support' at all?

It wasn't just that thread, it seems every one I've read(given I only picked up 5-6) had not just one, but a number of people being aggressive or rude towards the poster or responders on the thread. What gives? Can anyone explain this?

· Banned
177,635 Posts
Hey somedeva welcome. :)

· Registered
13 Posts
Hi! Sorry, I'm new here too so I sure don't have the answers. But I agree with you in that it takes great courage to post on forums or express ones' self. I always believe that anyone can criticize others' for their thoughts, beliefs, opinions, mistakes, and ways of being, but it takes a lot more courage to stand up and just be you and share your own self, instead of knocking others down.

I think its one of the downfalls of having SA as well. A lot of sufferers have a 'get them before they get me' attitude and falsely try to inflate their own sense of self by kicking others. I,too, am guilty of this from time to time, though I never mean to hurt anyone and I'm trying hard not to be like that.

I guess all we can do is try our best not to let others' opinions that sting, get to us. Good luck to you!

Jayna

· Registered
146,606 Posts
Welcome, SomeDeva! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.