Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, since I'm not good at meeting people and talking about my issues, i thought this place would be perfect for me to meet some people who have issues they want accepted, trade acceptances:cuddle and become friends and support each other. Joking and laughs included. :drunk

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Welcome fellow Aussie.

This forum can be a wealth of information and support.

My anxieties are unique and same if that makes sense.

I have authorative male phobia but only if I think they are looking deeper then it could turn pretty severe.

Other than that, I am really sensitive, wish I were not. Have self esteem issues, am barely sociable.

I constantly assume too much and of the wrong kind.

I just wish my mind would chill, I know everything would be fine then.
I just traded my deepest stuff, care to share?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome fellow Aussie.

This forum can be a wealth of information and support.

My anxieties are unique and same if that makes sense.

I have authorative male phobia but only if I think they are looking deeper then it could turn pretty severe.

Other than that, I am really sensitive, wish I were not. Have self esteem issues, am barely sociable.

I constantly assume too much and of the wrong kind.

I just wish my mind would chill, I know everything would be fine then.
I just traded my deepest stuff, care to share?
Of course :),

I have taken a good look around and like what I see here, get a good feel for what's going on the site.

Ok here we go....
I used to have sweaty hands and this was the source of my social anxiety, never talked about it (was scared) and never seeked help. Panic attacks entered the equation which made things worse. I then made the biggest mistake of my life and had the ets surgery. this did help with the hands but now my body sweats a lot and has made things hugely worse. I am scared of sweating, its my biggest fear. i am scared of being judged badly about it and have a very hard time talking about it. I also have bi-polar. i am good at being social but never reveil my sweating issue so never can be my true self. I feel no one will accept it and thats depressing. Im going to headspace here in sydney which has helped me heeps but since i'm rebuilding my life, i am searching for friends that will accept me and understand my issue but have no idea about how to do that. I am sensitive too but like that quality in me and in other people :yes. Although it probably makes me feel to strongly about my issues. You know I had those kind of thoughts before I got treated for bi-polar, with medication they slowly evaportaed away :idea Oh yeah, you said fellow aussie where are you? I live in sydney. I wanna add you as a friend. Thanks for responding to me for someone whos not social you sure have a lot of confidence:D

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I have been on this forum for many years and it feels familiar in an awesome way, bit like home. There is so much here.
I think beta blockers can help stop the body symptoms of anxiety.
My sister is studying nursing and has severe presentation phobia and she was prescribed beta blockers and said it took away all the body symptoms while she made her presentation.
I used to blush chronically a d don't understand why it is not so much a problem today. I do believe whT we focus on we get, good or bad unfortunately.

I understand the need for acceptance and finding a few really good friends is all you need in my opinion, rare as hen's teeth, though.
I think also,keeping a massive lid on anxiety issues, can make them seem worse, but you have to weigh up the two sides,of telling people. Get to know them really well first.

You know there are so many different personalities out there, and if 5 people accept you, knowing your flaws and 2 don't, well you need to focus on the people that you make you feel good and ok. Not everyone is going to accept us and that is fine.
I am 2hours east of Melbourne.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea that's true, I just need to find those good friends because my "god friends" don't know that about me and i dont think they would accpet it. that's why i'm searching for them but I have no idea how to go about it. in my mind it would be hard to find people to be friends with to accept me, even though I have a lot to offer, i feel my issues negate that :(. Yea i have porpranolol, i take it sometimes it does help. honestly this conversation is the frist one i've had with someone about this :). how are you goin with you're issues? maybe i can help you too :blush

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Adam, welcome to :sas

·
is getting over herself
12,022 Posts
I read the thread title and thought you must be talking to me. hahahaha.

welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
Welcome, Jyder! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.