Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I'm 32 and front the UK and I'm not officially "new" to mental health issues but recently have been hit with Social Anxiety, whilst I've experienced anxiety before this has taken me to a new level and has made things in daily life really difficult especially with going to college and attending my classes, I'm studying four days a week on an Access Course.

College was going well until a little incident back in December which kind of triggered things for me and since then I've been experiencing the anxiety issues which have got progressively worse to the point being in class and around certain people is making it difficult.

I have a great Psychiatrist, I officially have Borderline Personality Disorder but am stable and have been on medication with it for some time, but with this incident in December I started to slide into a bit of a Depressive episode with the anxiety but the anxiety is the worse I'd ever experienced.

I currently take Venlafaxine which has just been increased to 300mg last week from 225mg, Topiramate 200mg (as a mood stabiliser) and Quetiapine / Seroquel 75mg which was started in the past week for the insomnia (previously I was using Promazine) and anxiety. I am hoping the added increase of Venlafaxine will help eventually but in the mean time my GP has prescribed some Diazepam 2mg to take before classes.

I thought this forum looked liked a good place to start to get some advice, as I said whilst I've experienced mild anxiety before, what I've experiencing of late has been a whole new concept of panic and dread and self help tips and advice would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
154,231 Posts
Welcome, Alimar! :)

·
Banned
177,222 Posts
Hey Alimar welcome. :hyper

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.