Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone I am very new at this, this is actually the first time I tell anyone how I really feel. It is funny how email/internet is the only way I can communicate recently; you see this is a big deal for me because I am a Sales guy. For the past 3-4 years I have pretended nothing is wrong, fighting myself everyday, thinking of what to say every second of my life and when I finally decide to speak, I get all choked up! It has gotten worse the last year now I cannot even talk to my own family without feeling anxious, I choke up/stutter when I speak to my own wife(she has told me "what's wrong with you just talk right") I am at the office I fear the phone ringing because I cannot get my self to talk. When I know I have a meeting or a convention I feel my heart will pop out of my chest, sometimes I get by these meetings, conventions, parties only when I have had a few drinks...alcohol boosts my confidence I become, super confident, great sales person, Actually now that I think of it this problem has been with me since I was 15......I was afraid to talk to people, they thought I was a jerk... I have been fighting all this time....I love to talk and sell I just do not know what is wrong, can medication rid my anxiety level?? I am tired of feeling this way!! Any similar experiences or opinions on medications are greatly appreciated: [email protected]

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Ivan, welcome to :sas

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
:wel

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, SalesGuru! :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi - Same Problem

Hi Ivan,

I have the same problem. I am a brand ambassador in addition to being a manager for my families business (so I have lots of interactions with people). I absolutely panic when we have company meetings even thought I am the authoritative figure and have the conduct the meetings. The harder I try to not have anxiety to worse it gets. I need help but I dont really want to take medication for my anxiety.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts