Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my name is Lorie.

I think I have social anxiety, but of a more Avoidant or Schizoid variety.
I'm more sure that I'm Avoidant, but I seem Schizoid because I have a bit of depression, so I don't seem to care about what other people think, and I don't seem to feel anything.

I don't have any friends whatsoever. Even as a kid, I never had a real friend, just some other kids I played with, not really talked with. And then when I started high school, I just cut them out of my life, because I didn't think they liked me or even knew me, and I didn't even like them.
People think I'm a snob, or elitist, because I don't act particularly shy and I say no when they invite me somewhere. I just don't know how to initiate conversations and maintain people's interest in me. People befriend me for a week or something, but then they just turn away, they find me boring or ugly or something else.
It's gotten to the point where I don't make the effort anymore, I wait for people to come to me, instead of getting up and trying to be their friend first - because I don't know how to.

I seem pretty detached from other people, and they think I hate them, or they hate me, because of it. And sometimes I feel like I just don't care.
I don't feel lonely (as I said, I don't feel anything), but I know I'm missing out. I fantasise about having a perfect friend, but I can't stay in my head forever.

I hope I can find some help here. :|

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Lorie, welcome to :sas

·
Banned
5,875 Posts
Hi, my name is Lorie.

I think I have social anxiety, but of a more Avoidant or Schizoid variety.
I'm more sure that I'm Avoidant, but I seem Schizoid because I have a bit of depression, so I don't seem to care about what other people think, and I don't seem to feel anything.

I don't have any friends whatsoever. Even as a kid, I never had a real friend, just some other kids I played with, not really talked with. And then when I started high school, I just cut them out of my life, because I didn't think they liked me or even knew me, and I didn't even like them.
People think I'm a snob, or elitist, because I don't act particularly shy and I say no when they invite me somewhere. I just don't know how to initiate conversations and maintain people's interest in me. People befriend me for a week or something, but then they just turn away, they find me boring or ugly or something else.
It's gotten to the point where I don't make the effort anymore, I wait for people to come to me, instead of getting up and trying to be their friend first - because I don't know how to.

I seem pretty detached from other people, and they think I hate them, or they hate me, because of it. And sometimes I feel like I just don't care.
I don't feel lonely (as I said, I don't feel anything), but I know I'm missing out. I fantasise about having a perfect friend, but I can't stay in my head forever.

I hope I can find some help here. :|
You sound exactly like me. I have no idea how to initiate friendships either, nor do I usually feel the motivation or energy to do so.

Oh and welcome to SAS:D

·
stillborn
1,764 Posts
People befriend me for a week or something, but then they just turn away, they find me boring or ugly or something else.
Gah, I feel your pain. Welcome to the forums! Hope you stick around and partake in the discussions... I know you'll find this site helpful. :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's so cool, I hadn't know there were people who had the same issue. I hope we can help each other, eh? :D

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, Colours67! :)

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
:wel

1 - 11 of 11 Posts