Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, my name's Melissa and I have come to the conclusion that I am suffering from some form of social anxiety disorder.
It's funny that this was a surprise to me. I stay in my house pretty much all day every day. I don't like making friends because I'm always waiting for them to let me down, which they invariably do. My only contact with the outside world is my partner and father of my child. Our relationship is suffering because I cannot stand his mother. For over a year I have been trying to put all of the blame on her for why the two of us can't get along. Now I've been forced to see that she's just being herself but I cannot cope with her. I feel like my one safe place in the world is being invaded and conquered when she visits. I flip out when she changes things around, I'm talking all out fury over misplaced spoons or a new pair of socks for my son. I've been trying to tell myself that she's overstepping her bounds but I think it's all in my head.
I spent yesterday afternoon faking a headache so I could avoid seeing her. I just hid in my bedroom for like five hours. This needs to change.
I don't want my son to have the same fears of people which I have. I want him to have a happy and full life and want to work to make the changes I need to in order to be a better role model for him.

·
In the doghouse
1,165 Posts
Hi Melissa!! That's a rough situation you're in, but you've made the right first step in admitting something is wrong. This is a very supportive site & i'm sure you'll like it here.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Melissa, welcome to :sas

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
:wel

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, MsAriadne! :)