Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Oh jeez... okay.
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again,

Since it's been a while, I figured I should make an introduction post. I was active on this website a few years ago, but for whatever reason, I stopped coming here around 2017. Since being gone, I've had many ups and downs in life. Over the past three years, I've had three jobs and have met my fair share of great people who changed my life for the better, some of which became good friends. My SA was still a problem, but I was able to keep it under control. Unfortunately, things are different nowadays, and life isn't going so well. I let my social anxiety get the best of me, and I turned down several life-changing opportunities and ruined all of my friendships. Now I'm lonely, my mental state is in bad shape, and I don't know what to do. I feel so worthless, and it's pretty much all my fault. I'm working on my issues little by little each day, but I have a long way to go before I can get my life back on track.

Thank you for reading, and I hope you have a good day:smile2:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hi there, thank you for sharing your story. It saddens me to hear things aren't going so well for you at the moment... Have you thought about talking things through with your Doctor etc? Please share with us your immediate concerns and goals. We are after all, here to help and support each other. :)

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Sorry to hear that bud....yea life can take unexpected turns....just when you think you've overcome the SA...a life changing situation makes you realize the SA is still there.....trust me.
But...don't be ashamed, it happens to us all. As long as you keep pushing forward, you are never truly defeated.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hello again,

Since it's been a while, I figured I should make an introduction post. I was active on this website a few years ago, but for whatever reason, I stopped coming here around 2017. Since being gone, I've had many ups and downs in life. Over the past three years, I've had three jobs and have met my fair share of great people who changed my life for the better, some of which became good friends. My SA was still a problem, but I was able to keep it under control. Unfortunately, things are different nowadays, and life isn't going so well. I let my social anxiety get the best of me, and I turned down several life-changing opportunities and ruined all of my friendships. Now I'm lonely, my mental state is in bad shape, and I don't know what to do. I feel so worthless, and it's pretty much all my fault. I'm working on my issues little by little each day, but I have a long way to go before I can get my life back on track.

Thank you for reading, and I hope you have a good day:smile2:
Hi Hi :)

SA can be a beast sometimes. Sorry to hear that you are going through a rough patch.

·
Oh jeez... okay.
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for your kind welcomes everyone :) I apologize for being late to respond

Hi there, thank you for sharing your story. It saddens me to hear things aren't going so well for you at the moment... Have you thought about talking things through with your Doctor etc? Please share with us your immediate concerns and goals. We are after all, here to help and support each other. :)
Thank you for your support.

I don't have health insurance anymore. I tried applying for my state's health insurance plan, but I was denied. Right now I'm trying to find a job with health benefits. When I get insurance, I plan to go back to therapy.

Sorry to hear that bud....yea life can take unexpected turns....just when you think you've overcome the SA...a life changing situation makes you realize the SA is still there.....trust me.
But...don't be ashamed, it happens to us all. As long as you keep pushing forward, you are never truly defeated.
Thank you. At this point in my life, the only option I have is to push forward, no matter how hard life gets or how bad I mess up.

Hi Hi :)

SA can be a beast sometimes. Sorry to hear that you are going through a rough patch.
Thank you for your support :)

welcome back fatman

·
Terminator
13,154 Posts
Welcome back! I hope things get better for you :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts