Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!

So I'm usually really bad at these since I can never think of much to say (it's a common problem) but I've joined in the hopes of meeting some people who might be going through similar issues and I've already enjoyed my time lurking around the past few days.

I'm 19 and from California, generally I don't remember being very socially anxious as a kid but we moved cross country from my friends and our family with a stepdad who eventually kept my chronically ill mom and I socially isolated for nearly five years. Luckily, - my Mom managed to leave the controlling ******* nearly two years ago, and yet I'm still finding integrating into "real life" as difficult as ever.

About a month ago I made the decision to come live with my Dad in California in the hopes of pursuing some new goals in life, I'm signed up to start taking College courses in the Fall, looking for a job now and have even begun to make some friends - alas, I still don't think I can communicate with people or understand them very well, which frustrates me to no end.

TL;DR - Hi everyone, this seems like a pretty cool forum. : )

Feel free to check out my interests or w/e and shoot me a random pm if you want, maybe it'll be good practice for real life? Or even if we don't have anything in common, that's fine too.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I wanted to check your interests but it shows up none. Soo what do you like? haha I suck at these things too but well. Which jobs are you trying for or how is that going to work out? Im sorry im just trying to get hold of anything haha im very nervous as i post this

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wanted to check your interests but it shows up none. Soo what do you like? haha I suck at these things too but well. Which jobs are you trying for or how is that going to work out? Im sorry im just trying to get hold of anything haha im very nervous as i post this
Haha, don't be nervous! :p Well right now I'm really into Supernatural and Dr. Who as far as netflix goes...I've also been learning to play the Piano slowly but surely. I'll be applying to a couple different places, I have a friend who works at Trader Joe's so she said she'll try and get me a job there. I'd really like a job in customer service / sales just because I think it will help me get more used to talking to people... I dunno.

How about you? What're you into / are you working? ^^

You bear an uncanny resemblance to my cousin.
Oh, haha, really? Well most of my cousin's live in Oregon, they're awesome, I'm definitely pretty close to them. ; 3

·
Registered
85 Posts
hi and welcome, i think ur just anxious because of all the sudden change in ur life, but it sounds like all those things are good positive changes and you've started making friends at ur school so thats a start

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, Saffron831! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts