Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is my first post on here, i literally dont know how to work any of this but have recently found that i do have social anxiety and really need some support/ help because it is a very recent problem of mine and have NO idea who to go to for it. thanks

·
Loveisloveisloveislove
2,785 Posts
Hello! :)

·
Registered
611 Posts
Hello! How are you handling things right now? and welcome to the forums!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome! i just recently googled ( i know that probably sounds funny but i literally use google for everything haha) some issues ive been having to see if anyone else had similar ones and came across this site. i seem to be having attachment issues and its weird for me to say that because i never would have pegged myself to be like that but i guess im finally coming to terms with it and admitting that something is wrong instead of denying it.

i guess ill start out by telling you guys about myself to try to help understand a little more. I am a 19 year old college student and am very social, i love meeting new people i love to go out i am very out going funny ive lived all over the state that im from and have no problem walking right up and talking to someone that ive never met before ( now i know what you're probably thinking... why the heck are you saying you have social anxiety if you are this out going but please keep reading )

This summer my boy friend and i broke up after dating for a year, it was pretty rocky the last few months and when we broke up we stayed acquaintances and dont hate each other or have any problems toward each other.
Being in college i do go out alot and i meet new guys and its fun and all but i know that im ready to be in a relationship. im very lonely and at this point in my life i just want someone but its getting frustrating because its very hard to find a guy that is loyal and wants a girl friend, and ill admit i am a little picky when it comes to guys because i have a very big sense of humor and need to really click with a guy.
(by the way im sorry if im spilling my whole life story out to you guys and writing a novel, im new to this and dont know how much is "too much")
so recently ANY guy that i meet and hangout with and talk to i instantly like. for example; i met this great guy when i was out we instantly clicked talked for hours, literally never clicked this much with anyone in my entire life, he was everything i look for in a guy, he was on a 'break' with his girl friend at the time and didnt know how that was going so we talked and hung out occasionally talked on the phone for hours and really had something going, well he eventually got back together with her. i got SO depressed. and i am disappointed in myself for getting down so low but i hated everything. i did not go to class i slept all day i was a mess and just recently got over it finally.
Now one of my girl friends and i recently went to visit some friends in another state (one of my best guy friends and his 3 roomates) this past weekend. one of his roommates and i really hit it off, we talked the whole time flirted, joked that we were together when we went out to the bars so that other people wouldnt hit on us and ended up together that night. (not sexual) the ENTIRE drive back all i could think about was this guy and how i want to see him again. i just met this kid, dont really know anything about him and im already getting exactly like i was with this other guy i met and i am getting so worried about everything. my life is crumbling to pieces right in front of me and i have no idea what to do. i dont go to class anymore and probably getting my license suspended because i just got yet ANOTHER speeding ticket, then all this to add on to it i am so lost and cant go to any of my friends or family because it would overwhelm them so much they wouldnt even believe me.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Welcome..

I also used to have a problem of liking people i just met, so i know how you feel. That problem has pretty much gone away for me now, the only thing i can think of that made me stop liking people so easily was just time and maybe experience. Emotions aren't something you can easily control :S..

I hope u can find the help you need on this site :)

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, Tifffany! :)

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Tiffany, welcome to :sas

1 - 15 of 15 Posts