Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 124 Posts

· Banned
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else here either short or tall?

I'm tall, and i feel it makes me stand out more (and i hate it).

Does anyone else have height issues? And how do you deal with it/cope?

· anhedonic
2,010 Posts
Personally, I'd rather have someone who's my height. Dating someone who's a lot taller than me would make me feel like I'm dating someone a lot older than me, plus it's easier to make eye contact with someone who's your height.

· Simon Says...
1,693 Posts
I'm about 5' 7" I think. Lower end of average I suppose.

Blargh, hate it since I always wanted to be tall and really expected to be taller when I grew up. My brother is 6' :(. I suppose I went through a pretty hard time there for a year or more when I was maybe 16 and realised that it didn't seem like I was going to grow any more.

But yeah, it sometimes does make me feel... inadequate and... in a group of people I'd really rather be a few inches taller. I suppose the irony though is that if I actually was tall like the OP, I'd probably feel more anxious since I'd stand out.

· Registered
19,067 Posts
I"m 5' 7''. Girls nowadays like the tall guys so that knocks me out of contention radar wise.
I'm also 5'7". There are plenty of smaller girls out there for us! Don't put yourself down.

I have days where I think "**** I wish I was like 5'10 or 5'11", but for the most part I don't care because I know there are a TON of smaller girls out there. Sure, some may be fixated on that 6-foot mark, but nevermind them because they're in the minority.

Now if only I could manage a conversation, I'd be set.

· Registered
121 Posts
I'm female and 5'11. tall. many people point it out. I think that people notice me more, being this height, than if i were shorter. Sometimes i like it, and sometimes i dont. I can't lie - sometimes I like having the 'upper hand' of height. Many times though I've hated being this way. I feel that there are expectations already placed apon me - that i'm older, more mature, more 'capable' of handling situations..which isnt always the case.

I got that a lot when I was yonger too, which is mortifying. Kids used to say I failed grades because I was so much taller. Also people assume you're older and more mature -- which can be ****ty when in reality youre just the same intellectually and emotionally as your shorter friends.

· Renewed Hope
372 Posts
I'm 5'8" and I dont think I will get any taller, it would be nice because my dad is 6'1" and I would like to be that tall. A lot of other guys at my school are taller than me and the ones that are my size or shorter are weak and scrawney which makes me feel worse about myself. I want to be tall :(

· Registered
8,033 Posts
5'7. Used to worry me. Not anymore. I realised there are lots of girls my height and shorter. The limiting factor in me finding a girlfriend is my SA; my height if at all would be lower down the list of why a girl would not want to go out with me.

· Registered
659 Posts
I'm also 5'7". There are plenty of smaller girls out there for us! Don't put yourself down.

I have days where I think "**** I wish I was like 5'10 or 5'11", but for the most part I don't care because I know there are a TON of smaller girls out there. Sure, some may be fixated on that 6-foot mark, but nevermind them because they're in the minority.

Now if only I could manage a conversation, I'd be set.
I don't care much anymore myself. But I've read all over the place where even girls our height like men a couple of inches taller than them. I understand why and I don't really take offense to it. But it's the case based on what I've read and conversations I've had.

· Registered
4,943 Posts
5'11" I'd like to be 6'3". Nice height.

· Ex SA Suffer-er lol :)
125 Posts
Im 6 feet tall 185lbs and im pretty happy with it because girls digg it and when those immature punks decide to mess with the quiet people they know who not to mess with.

1 - 20 of 124 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.