Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having some health issues that have really risen to the surface as of the last week. I was diagnosed with colitis and I realize how much power I have given this disorder over the last several years. I am too sedentary as I am often deeply depressed, very frustrated with where I am in life, and just the uncertainty of what comes with this disorder. I don't feel like I've had a true good night's sleep for years. Not to say I don't sleep. I love sleep, but I wake up feeling like I had no sleep at all. It's a very tiring disorder for me, and I am learning that I have to make some changes for my health's sake. When faced with a health "crisis" as I see it, I realize that I have to do this for not only my own sanity, but for my life. I am trying each day to just take it second by second, but sometimes I revert right back into a dark hole. This is a disorder that can very much impact your physical health if you let it get too out of hand, which noone wants to do, but sometimes we "awaken" one day to see just how it has impacted us. I just hope I can stay on track as I haven't been too good about keeping my therapy appointments, and making some progress.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts