Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Permanently Blessed
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently took up bowling and the alley manager talked me into joining a sunday night league. It is a mixed league and since my bowling buddies are already on other teams bowling on nights that I can't bowl, I have to join team full of strangers. This is really tough, and I have wiggled my way out of these situations before but this time I agreed and am following through with it.

I am still a beginning bowler, and still fear looking like a fool in front of others. I guess there is some sort of handicap system so I won't drag the team down with my low scores, so that helps. It should be interesting.

In the past I have avoided participating in team sports like the plague. Here goes...

·
Permanently Blessed
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I got the first day out of the way. And it turns out I will have a high handicap as I bowled absolutely pitiful. It turns out one of my teammates worked at a place that I work at, so we had a common point to talk about. So that part of a the night was a success, I just wish my bowling was better...

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Good for you, with enough practice you should get better. I use to love bowling, haven't done it in many years now though.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
:boogie :boogie :boogie - Good job, LincolnRadioCat!

I have a feeling you will get to know more people....and how to get that weird spin on the ball. :lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts