Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, technically it's not a full 'triumph' yet.... but it's a 'triumph in progress'. I've wanted to take a vacation for over a decade now that didn't involve heading back home to see the family, or sitting around home all week feeling sorry for myself. The other day I finally broke down and used my frequent flyer miles to book a trip to Shanghai, China in November... Alone! I'm quite excited and scared at the same time, as I don't yet know a word of chinese, and have only been overseas once...and that was for work..in a place where english was fairly widely spoken.

I still have to get the Visa, and book the hotels, and figure out how I'm going to be getting around out there....but if I don't go, I wind up losing all of the miles, so that will probably drive me to make the trip rather than 'chickening out'. :)

Wish me luck, and if anyone knows the area and has any ideas, please let me know!.. :)

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
That's quite an ambitious trip for someone with SA, good luck I hope all goes well and you have fun. :)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Don't chicken out. I went on a trip last year and almost chickened out. But in the end I went and had the time of my life. I know it seems scary now but once your there you will realize it is no where near as scary as your thinking now.

·
nm jc
451 Posts
Wow....I just got back from a 41 day trip to Shanghai and Hefei for the first time...alone as well.

At first, my mandarin was on the level of a 4-year-old and I couldn't read at all.

Had a great time.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts