Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Leben ist verrückt!!!!
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know if this is the right section to put this in, but ok, here it goes.
I was talking to my online friend today and we were talking about stuff and I asked him to take a pic and post it online so I could see him. He is like my only guy friend I talk to on fb. Today, when we were chatting, he said that I was his own little "groupie". I know what a groupie is but, I dont see why he called me that. The only thing I could think of is the fact that I am always talking to him online because of SA and I get really lonely sometimes. I do think maybe I am a little clingy to him because he is the only person I talk to on FB most of the time. Plus, I'm always initiating conversation. I dont exactly know what he means. I'm thinking that he's kinda annoyed by me or maybe he sees me as someone who is needy. I know its weird to always talk to someone a lot, but I just want to know what he meant by that. Does he maybe think that I am immature or needy or something. Why does he call me a groupie?

·
Banned
382 Posts
well i guess he seemed like he was being arrogant or acting as if you'er his adoring fan...which is strange, since most friends dont call another friend a 'groupie'...i would take slight offense but maybe not get too offended by it...but it was a bit arrogant that he said that...if someone said that to me...i'd think..wow what an arrogant jerk...though i'd probably still keep talking to him at least u know his mentality a bit....

·
Banned
2,689 Posts
I don't think the g-word really matters at all. I think the word just triggered doubts and feelings that were always there waiting for a trigger. I'm not going to go into some big thing about what this word means, what that word means because its really one of those things where only the people involved really know. My advice is just go with your heart, and if your heart says he doesn't care enough about you then move on.

·
I'm a Spartan.
680 Posts
Dont allow that stuff to annoy you. He's a full blow moron for that. Is this the first idiot s*** he said to you? If not, I think you should kinda avoid him becuz he gunna keep allowing you SA to act up. He aint good for overcoming SA. Or confront him.

·
Leben ist verrückt!!!!
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
what did you say when you saw his picture? have you been giving him compliments? if so, that could be why. did he say it jokingly or totally seriously?
Usually, when I see his pics, I'll give him compliments and stuff.
I asked him about it this morning and he said it was just for fun.

·
Banned
611 Posts
It's a little bit condescending for him to call you his groupie. He probably sees you as being more interested in him and talking to him than other people seem to be. Whether he sees that as a positive, negative, or he is indifferent to the fact only he knows. It's not exactly the kind of thing he should say to you though.

When I hear groupie, I just think of a dude moving around guitar amps.
That's a roadie.

·
Leben ist verrückt!!!!
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's a little bit condescending for him to call you his groupie. He probably sees you as being more interested in him and talking to him than other people seem to be. Whether he sees that as a positive, negative, or he is indifferent to the fact only he knows. It's not exactly the kind of thing he should say to you though.
I know. it kinda hurt my feelings and it made me think of him differently.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I think he was just joking. I have a guy who is a very good friend (we're talking like 15 years now) and I sometimes call him my stalker.. just because it's funny, not because I think he's outside of my house right now. If he was offended by that I would think he was being crazy, but then we have a long history so it's a bit different.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I know. it kinda hurt my feelings and it made me think of him differently.
He was joking with you stop listening to the people hear that tell you he was trying to put you down or talk down to you. Look at it like this, he is comfortable enough to joke around with you like that.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
VivaEmptinessRoses said:
I'm thinking that he's kinda annoyed by me or maybe he sees me as someone who is needy. I know its weird to always talk to someone a lot, but I just want to know what he meant by that. Does he maybe think that I am immature or needy or something. Why does he call me a groupie?
Nooo, no, NO, not at all. The word maybe has bad associations but from his perspective it sounds like he meant it as fan. I wouldn't say it sounds like he's annoyed but complimented! I definitely think you're over analysing it which I understand cos I do that too but please don't think you're annoying someone you've done nothing wrong, he was telling you he's comlimented, enjoy your friendship, it's all fine. Someone I was talking to online called me his cheerleader lol, I don't think it's any different from that, just that you were being positive.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Nooo, no, NO, not at all. The word maybe has bad associations but from his perspective it sounds like he meant it as fan. I wouldn't say it sounds like he's annoyed but complimented! I definitely think you're over analysing it which I understand cos I do that too but please don't think you're annoying someone you've done nothing wrong, he was telling you he's comlimented, enjoy your friendship, it's all fine. Someone I was talking to online called me his cheerleader lol, I don't think it's any different from that, just that you were being positive.
To the thread starter, listen to this woman, she knows what shes talking about.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.