Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else just despise having your picture taken?

I know since my wife and I have been married we've only had professional pictures taken twice in 6 years and that was pure terror.

I block all attempts of someone taking my picture, if I don't succeed I get their camera and delete them. I've also exposed rolls of film before when they are to me an up right a-hole on trying every which way to get my picture.

I just hate hate it....

·
"Why So Serious?"
901 Posts
Yeah I hate it too, I think of myself as one ugly mofo..my big head isn't so photogenic either. Arrgh I hate cameras.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Don't like it, won't do it.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I hate it, too. The most awkward thing for me is trying to smile without showing my horribly crooked teeth (think shark-vampire with a bad overbite and you're getting the idea). When I do manage to hide them my face ends up looking really weird. So I've stopped smiling in photos now.

·
Lost
275 Posts
I despise having my photo taken. I'll usually be the one volunteering to take the pic of everyone else, just so I don't have to be in it.

·
Half way there
428 Posts
I hate seeing myself in pictures. Especially when it comes to surprise snap shots. My family loves taking pictures of people when they look "natural". In other words when they are eating, talking, picking up something etc.

·
Banned
2,173 Posts
I don't despise it, but i have this problem where i can never smile in front of a camera (mind you, i don't seem too happy when not in the field of view of a lens as well).

·
Somewhere but not here.
1,802 Posts
I used to avoid it at all costs. Now I don't care much, but I will still never pose for a picture.

·
Geese
20,768 Posts
Hate it, hate seeing myself in photos and if people tag me in them on facebook or myspace I always remove my tag. Bleh I hate my appearance so damn much.

·
Positively Revolting Hag
6,547 Posts
Hate it, hate seeing myself in photos and if people tag me in them on facebook or myspace I always remove my tag. Bleh I hate my appearance so damn much.
I do that too. Haha.

I get annoyed when people are really persistent about taking my photo. :( I don't even take pictures of myself any more because I hate having to look at myself and think, "Oh gosh, is that REALLY how I look to other people?"

·
Registered
14 Posts
The only pictures of me are ones I've taken on my own without anyone else there. That way I just feel I have total control over the situation and unlike photos taken by others I can just delete it if I'm unhappy.

So yeah getting pictures taken is very high on my hate list :l

·
Registered
210 Posts
I rarely have photos taken of myself as I'm very camera shy. Some people are relaxed and they have nice smiles but I can't pose. I naturally haven't got one of those big teethy smiles so I smile with my mouth closed. I use a digital camera to take my own pictures, and that way I can delete ones that are no good. I'm more in control this way. There are few pictures of me.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Yeah, I hate the way I look in pictures. I'm not photogenic. I always get caught in some stupid pose looking away from the camera. Then someone will post it on facebook and tag me for everyone to see.

·
UnDeRrAtED
34,712 Posts
Yeah, I hate the way I look in pictures. I'm not photogenic. I always get caught in some stupid pose looking away from the camera. Then someone will post it on facebook and tag me for everyone to see.
:hug

Me too, I cant stand the way I look in pictures so I try my best to avoid them.

·
Banned
136 Posts
Photos do me no justice! I'm very pretty in real life but pictures do not capture it. I hate my smile so I do not like to smile for my pictures, but everyone else expects me to plaster on a smile. I think it's phony. I always seem awkward when I'm in pictures. I never know how to stand and I always end up blinking because I can't be expected to keep my eyes open without blinking long enough for the person taking the picture to figure out which button to press.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Photos do me no justice! I'm very pretty in real life but pictures do not capture it. I hate my smile so I do not like to smile for my pictures, but everyone else expects me to plaster on a smile. I think it's phony. I always seem awkward when I'm in pictures. I never know how to stand and I always end up blinking because I can't be expected to keep my eyes open without blinking long enough for the person taking the picture to figure out which button to press.
Ditto! I never know how to pose or smile and always look dopey, angry, uncomfortable, you name it. The only pictures I tend to like of myself are of me looking to the side like the one in my avatar. Someone on my facebook called it a "classic Tania pose", it is but no need to point it out :blank

·
Registered
137 Posts
If I take them, I am ok. Otherwise, HECK NO! Hate them!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts