Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know why I am having the mirror dream again? When I was a child I use to have a dream where I went up the stairs to where my mom had an old mirror hanging up on the wall at the top of the stairs. I would then look in the mirror and then scream bloody murder. Most times I would dream that I woke up before I would look in the mirror. Well I am having this dream again after not having it for many years. Except this time I dreamt going to the bathroom mirror in my house and doing the same thing. Still today mirrors creep me out because of that dream. This time I can hear myself scream as I was waking up early this morning. Luckily, the ac was running in the bedroom so hopefully the neighbors didn't hear me scream.

·
ಠ ¿ ಠ
913 Posts
Have you ever actually seen your reflection, or anything that you can remember, in the mirror, if I may ask?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have some issues with mirrors, I wonder how they have changed the human experience. I wonder if they introduced a new sense of self-consciousness that never existed before...

In any case, are you concerned about the way you look? How did the dream make you feel.. how does it make you feel?

·
Registered
10,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can see myself in the mirror and when I do I scream bloody murder. I don't look different from in my waking life. I was just reading about false awakenings, and they said to do reality checks to make sure it is a dream or not and looking in a mirror is one of them. Maybe I have been doing this and the screaming is a way for me to wake up for real. But it is a scream like you would hear in a horror movie. I have goose bumps after I wake up. I have read that some people can have like 100 false awakenings in one dream. That would really irritate me. Some people dream getting up, taking a shower, dressing, eating breakfast, and then driving to work. I have never got to that point. I would always look in the mirror, scream, and wake up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts