Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Herp Derp
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else like this? While I am generally quiet around people I don't know, when I know people I can be quite loud and kind of crazy. People always tell me it's like I'm on cocaine all the time.

But it's just such a weird feeling because I think about how excitable I am, then how I can go days without talking to anyone and just sitting in the house all day because I have no one to do anything with.

It also doesn't help how long it takes for me to study stuff because of how easily distracted I am, and then look at the clock and realize I've spent 2-3 hours on one assignment or spending 6-8 hours studying for every midterm I have.

It's also my main problem with meeting people I think. When i'm with people for long periods of time, I think that I get to be annoying with always talking all the time and it turns people away.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have SA and just recently realized that I have ADD, and the ADD was making my SA even worse...not being able to focus on what people are saying, not being able to formulate my thoughts because I can't focus on what I am trying to say...all this stuff exacerbated my SA and general anxiety too. I have been on zoloft for a few months and recently got prescribed Adderall. Adderall helps immensely, although it only lasts for about 2-3 hours :/

·
Banned
445 Posts
I have SA and just recently realized that I have ADD, and the ADD was making my SA even worse...not being able to focus on what people are saying, not being able to formulate my thoughts because I can't focus on what I am trying to say...all this stuff exacerbated my SA and general anxiety too. I have been on zoloft for a few months and recently got prescribed Adderall. Adderall helps immensely, although it only lasts for about 2-3 hours :/
lol damn, when I took Adderrall it turned me into the complete opposite when I was told I had ADD and SA and just made things immensely worse. Adderral usually lasted for about 7-10 hours for me even on small doses.

·
Registered
799 Posts
My not so close acquantinces think I have a "calm, chill" personality but when I'm around my only friend I am much more loud, obnoxious, talkative. I haven't been diagnosed with ADD but I guess I have some symptoms but everyone does... I know that I am absent minded.

It's possible that ADD could've caused your SA, but having the two at the same time is definitely possible. I know some introverts who have ADD.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts