Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I kinda feel like I need to tell you my life story, but I'll try and keep it short.

Back in primary school, I had good friends and was quite popular but everything changed when I had to change school.
Since I changed school, I never really made any decent friends only just a few people who I wouldn't consider real friends but kinda just people who were nice to me.
At this time, I still had my neighborhood friends who were really close so I wasn't really bothered by having no friends at school.

Then the time came where I moved onto highschool and this is where things started to get bad for me.
At the start of year 8, everyone already had friends and I mean everyone, everyone but me.
They had friends from day 1 (from primary school) and the school I went to was far away so I was on my own.
I felt really left out and I had no friends while everyone else did and I didn't bother talking to anyone because I was shy and I didn't feel that I was needed because everyone was already occupied with their own friends.

As for my neighborhood friends, I no longer talk to them anymore for other reasons.. They aren't my friends anymore.

I moved on from that school because I hated it and now I'm in a different one.
The one I go to now is ok and I actually accept having no friends here because this is a small school and I don't want to be friends with anyone here.
I know that sounds stupid but seriously, I don't want to be friends with these people and you probably wouldn't too.
Any ways, I get along with the teachers quite well because now I'm not that shy person anymore which I regret that I used to be.

At this point I have no friends at all and my dad gives me crap for it.
I really hate having no friends and it makes me depressed.

I have no one to do anything with, no one to talk to, I just sit on my pc all day because I can't go out to do something with friends.
I don't know what to do or where to go and I can't make friends at school because I don't want to be friends with them.

I'm sad, depressed and my dad gives me crap about having no friends.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm really sorry that this has happened to you! I know you've fallen into a dark hole in your life and I know going on the PC is an escape, but there has to be at least something you can do to interact with more people who will be glad to call you their friend.

Is there anything you like to do as a hobby? Travelling, something musical, theatrical, etc.? Because you know, if you look around online, there are a bunch of opportunities to do various activities that you love. For example, I always loved to travel so I decided to sign myself for a 3 week stay in Spain, which meant that I had to travel with people I just met as well as spend 2 weeks with a host family. Let me tell you, it was the most nerve-wracking thing for me, since I have some social anxiety and the fear of people not liking me. But not only did I have what was like a second family to me, I also made a new friend. We shared similar interests and that was all it took to start developing a friendship. This was all because I went waaay out of my comfort zone. I was so nervous about people hating me but if I kept thinking about that, I'd end up missing the good things that were in front of my face.
No one is forcing you to make friends with everyone because I'll be honest, that's impossible. I was in a group of about 15 kids and I only made 1 real good friend. However it's that one person that makes things so much better. I know people suck but you have those gems out there that will be happy to be your friend. You probably did not find them yet, is all.

I apologize if my words can not really soothe you but I am saying this from experience. As for your dad, you need an honest talk with him and give it to him straight. He is there to support you and doesn't seem to be doing his job. However, signing up for horseback riding lessons, fencing lessons, a drama program etc. to me is a step in the right direction.

I know it might not be as easy as it sounds but sometimes you have to do things blindly nd go for it before your fear makes you turn back. Sometimes it's for the better. I wish you all the best.

·
Seriously , never serious
6,456 Posts
Sounds like you don't want to make friends and are complaining about not having friends you don't want anyway . Mmmm re think what it is you actually want is it friends or not .

·
Registered
73 Posts
I kinda feel like I need to tell you my life story, but I'll try and keep it short.

Back in primary school, I had good friends and was quite popular but everything changed when I had to change school.
Since I changed school, I never really made any decent friends only just a few people who I wouldn't consider real friends but kinda just people who were nice to me.
At this time, I still had my neighborhood friends who were really close so I wasn't really bothered by having no friends at school.

Then the time came where I moved onto highschool and this is where things started to get bad for me.
At the start of year 8, everyone already had friends and I mean everyone, everyone but me.
They had friends from day 1 (from primary school) and the school I went to was far away so I was on my own.
I felt really left out and I had no friends while everyone else did and I didn't bother talking to anyone because I was shy and I didn't feel that I was needed because everyone was already occupied with their own friends.

As for my neighborhood friends, I no longer talk to them anymore for other reasons.. They aren't my friends anymore.

I moved on from that school because I hated it and now I'm in a different one.
The one I go to now is ok and I actually accept having no friends here because this is a small school and I don't want to be friends with anyone here.
I know that sounds stupid but seriously, I don't want to be friends with these people and you probably wouldn't too.
Any ways, I get along with the teachers quite well because now I'm not that shy person anymore which I regret that I used to be.

At this point I have no friends at all and my dad gives me crap for it.
I really hate having no friends and it makes me depressed.

I have no one to do anything with, no one to talk to, I just sit on my pc all day because I can't go out to do something with friends.
I don't know what to do or where to go and I can't make friends at school because I don't want to be friends with them.

I'm sad, depressed and my dad gives me crap about having no friends.
I'll be your cyber friend if you want. I really need friends.

·
Registered
122 Posts
It sucks that your dad gives you crap, but it sounds like you don't want to be friends with the people in your school anyway.
Everything will change once you leave school. A lot of people find that their closest circle of friends comes from their job or their uni, simply because those are the people that they hang around with most.

If you really are interested in making new friends, as the others have suggested, I would really strongly advise joining some sort of real life group, activity or even sport. You might not necessarily meet your best friend of all time there, but keeping up the practice of social interaction will work wonders.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts