Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there.

I don't see my friends in real life, So I usually opt for Facebook messaging. But the problem is, I'm starting to get a little nervous about talking to them Via message I'm not even sure if Social Anxiety can affect you like this. But when I get a message, I always get Nervous about reading it. And I start blushing and sweating a little when talking to them. When I close my facebook or I don't see a inbox, I have like a relief. But soon as I get a message I get real nervous and I get really scared to open it. I'm not really sure why wondering if anyone can help?

Thanks in Advance.

·
Attention Def..OMG KITTY!
380 Posts
Welcome to SAS Jennifer! :)
I experience a slightly similar condition; when I chat/im I sometimes find myself sweating, at the back of head there is always a constant fear of saying something that is wrong/I would regret.
I find that I tend to be less stressed out when I post something on my friends walls instead of chatting to them..so that might be something.

I'd say you do suffer from SA but on a smaller scale.

·
Serial Killer
108 Posts
My goodness, when I read your post, it was like I was reading my own thoughts. I always feel the exact same way whenever I message some of my friends. Others I'm perfectly comfortable chatting to. Whenever I get nervous I just ask myself "is what I said to this person really enough to piss them off?" because sometimes people do for stupid little things.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, Jennifer19! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts