Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These past few days have been really bad for generalised anxiety and with it, pretty severe depression.

I also self harmed tonight, the 3rd time in a year - and I hadn't self harmed in 10 years before that :S

I started thinking about suicide this evening too, catastrophising if I'm going to feel like this forever, I should kill myself :sus

Is there anything a doctor can do if I'm getting into a very bad depression? To intervene?

I take 50mg Sertraline in the morning and 20mg Amitriptyline at night.

I also have Diazepam for as needed use - I had 12 of the 5mg pills prescribed a month a ago, but have used all of them.

In terms of resources I have available -

* I could see my personal doctor on Monday as an urgent appointment - regular, everyday diazepam is very effective for me, it not only gets of rid of anxiety but it gives me a mild sense of wellbeing too.

^ On the downside I will get rebound anxiety 4 or 5 days after stopping taking it, if I take it for a couple of weeks everyday

* I could phone my counsellor on Monday and get to see them this week and talk through a lot of stuff.

I don't have many friends who I'm able to helpfully talk this stuff through with however. I have zero friends who I can actually go out and meet and spend time with

·
Registered
150 Posts
please do not even think about suicide. You are better than that.

If you need someone to talk to, i'm all ears.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you guys and sorry for such a late reply. I found the week after I started this thread very hectic in getting things sorted out.

On the 20th I emailed my counsellor and told her all of these things.

She was absolutely brilliant and called me first thing on Monday, got me an appointment with a Psychiatrist sorted out that day too, kept in touch a few times a day on both Monday and Tuesday to see if I was OK.

I felt very reassured by how seriously she took the worsening of my anxiety and depression and also saw my GP 5 days later.

At that point I was prescribed the Remeron and 4 days of 10mg Diazepam a day, and have started my Remeron Med Log from there :)

Thanks again :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts