Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Brooklynprof
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently been turned on by a colleague who has been close both professionally and personally. i tried to address this with her, without success. Others had told me she was egotistical and not trustworthy but i thought we had built a genuine friendship over a couple of years, that, in fact, we had each others' backs.

I feel awful. I need to stop trying to think what i could have done differently--i don't think i caused or exacerbated the situation.

unfortunately we serve on committees together, with the result i can't really cut off from email with her--i get coldly/blandly professional messages. i would rather just not speak or write to her; however these committees are not about her and me. they're about others.

i feel manipulated and troubled.

thanks.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Sounds like you are stuck if you have to work with her. Outside of work try doing other things to get your mind off of it and don't talk to her unless it's work related.

·
Brooklynprof
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes, that's about it. though i hate to lose a friendship.

unfortunately we have been working really closely, co-chairing committees, writing letters together, and so on. that is to say, keeping a distance professionally will be awkward.

thanks so much.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.