Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

So!....have you made any friends on this forum?

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On this forum I mean.

I've been here a year now but haven't made any online friends. It's kinda funny because time goes by and I look at someone's post or signature and think to myself, "Oh...they're friends? so soon?.."
Actually that's no online friends at all....*sigh* just wondering if I'm the only freak here.

·
Sassy
2,222 Posts
I guess it all depends by your definition of "friend." Do you mean someone you chat with on AIM/MSN/Yahoo?

In that case, I have a few. One doesn't post here anymore though, but he goes to my college, so we're always chatting about one thing or another.

You're not a freak simply because you haven't made friends on this forum. Perhaps you should try IMing some people you think you have something in common with? It doesn't take much to become "friends" with someone online. :)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Poeme I can really relate to your post. I don't talk to people here through aim/yahoo/msn. I'm kind of weird about giving out that info because: I don't want to bother people,think people will get bored of me, they will only talk to me because they feel sorry for me, and I'll have to talk and be interesting and funny which is so exhausting obssessing about all of that. :cig Its all so irrational.

But like you I notice when people have their little inside jokes and such stuff going on in their signatures. I wonder how they came to become friends. I do however chat sometimes in the chatroom and its a bit easier because you can come and go as you please, you should try it. :)

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
I met my best friend here. I have also had other friends over the past two years that are very nice.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I've made a couple online friends here. I was here for almost a year and hadn't made many connections with people which was frustrating. I finally got up the guts to take the initiative to contact people, and it worked. :) The only problem is that I don't like using AIM (I don't think I'm any good at chatting), so it can get tricky to keep in touch.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I opened up to a couple people on this board, around the time I joined. But I'm not friends with them any more. There's a couple people I IM very infrequently. There's a lot of people in this forum who I would like to be friends with, but Im not that great at opening up to people, so I don't really bother trying anymore.

·
Registered
5,322 Posts
i met my laura here. she is a very special person.

i dont even remember what i did with my life before i had her to talk to.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Maybe I'm different from a lot of people who post here in that I don't come here to try to make friends. I come here because I find it comforting that there are other people out there who have similar problems to me. I enjoy reading and posting here, and I think a lot of people here are really interesting, but I don't really have the desire to get to know anyone outside of the confines of this forum. I don't know why really. I guess partly because I don't have time to chat with anyone on-line, and maybe the other reason is that I don't see much point in making on-line friends at this point in my life. If I'm gonna make friends, I want to make them in real life. In a way I think making on-line friends would hold me back from accomplishing what I really want. Also, I'm married, so it's not like I'm really lonely and looking for anyone to talk to. I can see that if I wasn't married, maybe I would be looking for friends here. I don't know. So, the answer to the question is that, no, I don't have any friends here.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.