Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you gone to a high school reunion? If so, how did it go? Was it worth going or do you regret going? If you have a story you would like to share, please share. Many people are unsure if keeping in contact with past people is a good thing or is better to move on. Please do not hold back in sharing your story!

·
Registered
75 Posts
I never went to one because I didn't have a lot of friends and most didn't or wouldn't remember me.

Heck...I once ran into an old acquaintance and he flat out told me he didn't remember me.

High school sucked for me. Going through it once is enough. I don't need no reunion to rehash old painful memories.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I've never been contacted about one. And if I did go I'm sure it would be like everywhere else. A million couples around making me feel like ****. There's truly no benefit in remembering the past.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would have to agree. There is something about trying to fit into the 'group collective' if you know what I mean. Trying to play the middle of the road with people and trying not to be 'weird'. If you are labeled as 'weird' then people can ignore you, gossip about you, or laugh at you and it is ok to do because you are weird, so the lame group doesn't have to interact with you. Some people are good communicators and always have a decent/good answer to everyone, but I definitely feel uncomfortable in trying to appear as someone that I am not. For some reason getting labeled as weird is a bad thing in society so I try not to participate to save myself on unnecessary effort and stress.

·
permanently barnacled
4,801 Posts
I loved highschool. That being said, i would never go to a highschool reunion. What's the point? If you are curious about someone you went to school with, you just creep on them on Facebook. The internet has erased the need for such things.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Hell no.
There were only about five people at my school that I would actually care whether they lived or died. And most of them weren't in my grade so there's no real point to go to a reunion.

·
Protector of the Den
15,048 Posts
I wasn't invited to mine and I wouldn't have gone if I had been. I earned a diploma for my high school but finished the credits at a career center. Guess despite the diploma they didn't consider me an official graduate so they never invited me. I find it insulting because the reason I left high school and finished my credits at the career center was because I was harassed so much and couldn't stand it anymore. I haven't been very successful career wise and there is no one I really desire to see so guess it doesn't matter. If I ever became very successful I wouldn't mind rubbing it in the faces of the people who treated me like ****. I think my life would be a lot better if they hadn't ****ed me up so much mentally

1 - 8 of 8 Posts