Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
9,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
cause of SA? I did and also cause I was bored and didn't feel like talking. I also didn't want that conversation to waste a minute of my life.

·
Registered
104 Posts
no...i wish i could do that...i always stay in stupid boring conversations because i don't know how to end them or i don't want to hurt their feelings...

·
Banned
1,375 Posts
I have, but not while they were talking. I wait til a break in the convo, and make some excuse to..be somewhere else.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I have, but not while they were talking. I wait til a break in the convo, and make some excuse to..be somewhere else.
Done this before, mostly to annoying family members who want to bug me about the same things I've been asked 1000 times.

·
Your Assumptions
7,027 Posts
Yes. I remember being very angry, and then someone who couldn't tell what state I was in tried to have a conversation with me about something related to it. I couldn't talk and felt anxious that they were speaking to me, so I hurried away.

·
herp derp
2,347 Posts
I've never walked away form someone in mid conversation but if someone's calling me, I'll sometimes just ignore it and pretend I didn't hear and continue walking.

·
Registered
5,120 Posts
If someone starts talking to me while I am walking, I generally keep walking and just kind of call a few things out before turning away instead of stopping to have a conversation. It's not necessarily because I wouldn't like to talk to the person, but more because I'm not sure how much of a conversation they want to have or whether I would be able to keep it going for an appropriate length of time and then make a non-awkward exit, in addition to the normal anxiety about having to talk to someone at all.

·
Done with SA
1,818 Posts
In anger, yes, but never because of SA.
I find it rude, even if I really want to, and I can't bring myself to do it. I would feel absolutely crushed if someone did that to me and I try to think of their feelings.
I usually wait for a good break in the conversation and then say I have to go or I just remembered something that I need to do. A few times, with guys I was interested in and they might have been interested in me, I just started acting bored and they took the hint and stopped talking and I always feel so bad about that because I definitely wanted to talk, but my SA was just screaming at me to 'get away'.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts