Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
I start drinking and after about 3 or 4 i become social and interested in people and the world. If i could stay at that level everything would be great but i don't stop and just keep going. Sometimes it has gone on for a couple of days and it always ends in disaster.

·
Its dawn here
6,082 Posts
no never had a drop of liquor..i dnt like drinking..however i will taste it once in my life..it came to my mind many times but i dnt have that stomach to drink it

·
Looking for an argument
2,347 Posts
I use it to help with social situations, but then probably in the same way that people without SA use alcohol to 'loosen' them up for them. I use alcohol to help wth my unhappiness/depression though, sobriety is really hard for me to maintain.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
if you did

1. how much did you drink, low-moderate-high, dose?
2. what situations did you drink for?
3. were you addicted or nope
1. Yes, all through my teenage years and early twenties.(High Dose Spirits)
2. Mainly social situations
3. I didn't feel addicted, but I suffered from and was diagnosed with alcohol withdrawal syndrome.

·
Registered
44 Posts
The first time I made a conscious decision to use alcohol to medicate my anxiety was in university. Right before a presentation I had to give, I downed three beers really fast.

It helped a lot.

For the past 5 years, I've been a daily drinker: just beer. I stopped drinking liquor when I watched my neighbor die a slow death from psorosis. The guy was drinking a half gallon of gin a day. Poor *******.

If I drink liquor these days, I do so knowing the chances are pretty high that something bad will happen. So, I just avoid it and sip my beer until I pass out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Alcohol has helped me in so many situations, i've been able to attend events and actually have fun. When I drink I'm not completely consumed with paranoia and fear, I can join in conversations and sometimes even approach people. It also helped when it came time for me to attend my graduation. Whenever I do drink I usually only stick to beer, preferably pabst, I know my tolerance and when it's time to stop because if I feel like I'm no longer in control it'll only worsen my SA. Just make sure you stay in control and don't become too dependent on it. I hope whatever you plan on doing works out for you, good luck! :D

·
The Power Of Nature
6,010 Posts
Not really, alcohol doesnt help my SA.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Why is alcohol so good for SP ?
Is it the central nervous system being depressed ?
I can't find a med that does anything but alcohol cures me 100%.
Should that give me knowledge to know what med to try next ?

·
Banned
961 Posts
1. large amounts of hard liquor. i used to soften myself up with 6-7 shots of liquor before walking to a neighbors house to sit around and drink beer.

2. i drank whenever i was in a social situation or wanted to talk to other people.

3. i never felt addicted. i had no compulsion to drink. the benefits were so obvious though, that i knew if i wanted to have a good time i'd have to be drinking alot.

·
The Power Of Nature
6,010 Posts
Why is alcohol so good for SP ?
Is it the central nervous system being depressed ?
I can't find a med that does anything but alcohol cures me 100%.
Should that give me knowledge to know what med to try next ?
Yes, probably benzo's will work but be carefull of dependency and use nmda antagonists with them.

Alcohol doesnt help my sa at all, only thing helping is amp in my case.

·
The Power Of Nature
6,010 Posts
Alcohol eliminates my anxiety in every single little form. If I had access to alcohol all the time I would never stop drinking(minor).
lol it allways cracks me up you have to be 18 in the US to drink alcohol.

·
The Power Of Nature
6,010 Posts
HAHAHA just lmao, here its 16 but there's no problem getting alcohol at a much younger age too haha.

·
The Power Of Nature
6,010 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.