Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Have you ever thought about living on the streets temporarily to see what's it's like

• yes

Votes: 20 37.7%
  • no

Votes: 33 62.3%
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
9,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to see what it was like?

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
Nope.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I've had hobo ideations before, but decided I'd probably not do it unless I really really had to.

·
anhedonic
2,005 Posts
No. I remember when I was young, I'd "run away" when I was mad. I ran to the end of the street, realize I had nowhere to go, then come home. No one even noticed I'd left.

·
Retired Enforcer
19,108 Posts
Already did it and it wasn't fun.

·
SAS Member
14,413 Posts
I was forced to live in my car for a month, my own car that i had without a licence to drive it :lol
I did drive anyway because it was the only way to get to my job at the time.
Most of the time i ended up sleeping at my work location. I didn't have anywhere else to go anyway. So i slept in the car and i was there before anyone at work the next day.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
No - too nasty.
I already run the streets. :lol

·
dazed and confused
960 Posts
I've been homeless before, and I can't say it was very enjoyable or exciting. It's pretty demoralizing, really. I'm grateful every day that I have a roof over my head, and hope that I never end up in that situation again.

·
Monster
6,552 Posts
No. I remember when I was young, I'd "run away" when I was mad. I ran to the end of the street, realize I had nowhere to go, then come home. No one even noticed I'd left.
We used to "run away" to our playhouse in the back yard.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I used to have dharma bums/on the road fantasies about being a hobo. If I was tougher I would do it but I know i'd be vulnberable and probably get taken advantage of 5 minutes out there and then die of exposure because I know nothing of self reliance.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Nope, I wouldn't last long on the streets with my medical problems.

·
crazy
2,067 Posts
I've had hobo ideations before, but decided I'd probably not do it unless I really really had to.
Lol, I love it, "hobo ideations". :D

I've certainly fantasized about it over the years. It's so hard to fit into society's mold, but I keep working on it. I suppose a good compromise would be to be an artist, and live in some ghost town someday. Art is something I've been working at over the years, when I have enough energy leftover from the daily struggles.

The movie "Housekeeping", which is unfortunately only on videotape now, really made me want to just run away from normal life - it was really inspiring. :) Anyone else ever seen it?

·
SnotRocketTime
404 Posts
i've thought about it casually for a minute but never seriously considered it. i imagined sleeping in my car then i get to the point of where do i shower? and that's where that thought ends.

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
I have thought about it but not just to see what its like - I was considering that it could happen to me due to my lack of real-world friends to fall back on. Scary thought.

·
giggling ******
11,070 Posts
Yes, but not to see what it is like. I sometimes fear I have no choice.

I wonder how many are homeless due to SA?

·
Registered
195 Posts

·
Geese
20,769 Posts
No excuse to be homeless in this country (always a way to get money from the government to live) so can't say it has ever really been on my mind.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts