Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Have you ever pretended to like something?

• yes

Votes: 12 85.7%
  • no

Votes: 2 14.3%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Failure's Art
1,902 Posts
I pretend to like my job and company every single day. Actually, I don't even do that nowadays - I can't even be bothered to pretend like anymore. I just full on hate.

·
Loathed Loiterer
7,850 Posts
Yes. Pretty sure most have. Liars make the world go round.

·
aldehyde dehydrogenaser
7,351 Posts
Absolutely. I love smiling, life. Its all wonderful. I liked seeing people today. I really did. I really really did! :/

·
alien monk
8,432 Posts
all the time with my friends but they know I'm sarcastic and bitter and dont like things. they say I always bring the mood down

·
📝📸🎬💾🎲&#991
6,569 Posts
I don't recall doing so. That's a social skill I never had occasion to learn since I didn't socialize growing up. And now I can't be bothered.

·
Super Moderator
33,651 Posts
From time to time. But I think probably a big part of the reason why a lot of people immediately dislike me is that I'm pretty honest. I don't necessarily come right out and say things but I mean, as a male, I'm sure it would have made my social life a lot easier if I had been a massive sports fan or something. Or maybe a party animal. Those are things I suppose I could have pretended to enjoy but never did. Or if someone asked me I'd tell them I didn't like sports or alcohol.

I did start wearing more stylish clothing when I was in my teens because I realized it was a big part of the reason why the other kids didn't respect me and were picking on me. It was just a simple solution to a problem I didn't want to have.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Yes, and I like when people at least pretend to be interested in what I'm doing or try to join in an activity I like. I spent a long time locked up at home, so in a sense I'm still exploring what things I enjoy doing, and not everything is immediately rewarding.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
I pretended to like my parents' religion for over 20 years, because I was afraid I'd be disowned if I didn't.

·
customusertitle
740 Posts
I'm not a good liar lol. People can tell from my expression I dislike something, and they often confront me about it too :con

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
SAS Member
8800 blue lick road
41,954 Posts
Yeah but I try to avoid doing that, I usually try to tell people politely but with Christmas presents I've definitely let some go because sometimes it would be most of them and I'd open them, so I'd pick and choose. Sometimes I'd give stuff back to people/get a refund. Sometimes I try to test my own limits. I had to train people I know (mostly family,) to realise I didn't want makeup I also mostly got them to stop buying me jewellery but not entirely and eventually clothes since they'd buy me stuff that I didn't like.

My nan stopped buying me clothes years ago and my dad said he found this t-shirt lying around that he thought was for me that she'd bought at some point before she died, and I don't know whether it actually was as it is kind of big (I like loose tops though,) it may have been intended for my brother but it does look like something I would wear and obviously my dad agreed so yeah as he said she figured that out in the end. Kind of bittersweet.

It was a lot easier as a child because I'd mostly get gifted toys and video games and books, and I liked most of those.

·
experimental sincerity
1,277 Posts
The sort of punk rock where I can't make out the lyrics. I think I lied to myself (and others) about this one for a long time...

Also: "working as a team". I only enjoy working as a team where everyone is responsible for their own piece of work and then those pieces complement one another. Having to decide things as a group is excruciating.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Baby names of friends and family. I always say its "oh thats a nice name"... and I don't always mean it! 🤫😂🤫🤭

·
Banned
12,868 Posts
Mainly jobs & people I had to work with regularly, tryna be a team playa >_<... Also before that school & people I went to school with, church & people I had to go to church with, before that probably the spirit world & people I had to be a ghost with, when all I really want is to retreat & hide in a cave.

·
SUS Member
10,501 Posts
I see you went googly eyed with glee for those knitted socks that someone gave you. I did the same.
My grandmother gave me a pair of black socks every year for about 25 years. I think she bought one of those big econo-packs and wrapped up one pair for me each Christmas. I mean, I can use socks, so at least they're practical. It's just kind of hard to act surprised and delighted about the same pair of black socks every year. It was starting to feel like a glitch in the Matrix.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts