Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
10,936 Posts
I met Wynton Marsalis when I was 9 or 10 (incidentally, I was learning to play the trumpet at the time). I didn't know who he was then, but my mom did. He signed a Basketball Hall of Fame program for me (that's where we were visiting when we ran into him).

·
Registered
58 Posts
I met Ed Begley (was in pineapple express, 7th heaven...) my profile pic is me with him

One time I was at Hard Rock in Orlando, and I looked behind me and Jamie Lynn Spears, her mom and some dude from slime time live were eating behind me.

yeaa

·
She-Wolf
5,985 Posts
i met thom yorke (singer/guitarist), jonny greenwood (guitarist), and phil selway (drummer) from radiohead.
i was really nervous and acting all fangirlish so all i could muster was "hi!.. can you sign my poster.. thanks!". they were very nice. my heart melted when i made eye contact with jonny and seeing his cute toothy smile (which he doesn't show normally) and smelling the wine on him. and then thom was practically my height, he is very short, he was really sweet and grinning and oh man i shook his hand, we shared a moment and had hot skin-on-skin contact basically. it was beautiful,
and it felt like the greatest experience ever at the time.

·
SAS Member
31,286 Posts
I've interacted with a few low level celebrities over the internet, but that's about it. I also seen some in person, but never met them.

·
Banned
728 Posts
I've spoken to Uwe Boll on skype (saw him on webcam) and have been in contact with him for a few years via e-mail.

I've always been interested in movies, and this was just a bit of luck. It was nerve racking at first, but it was fun talking to a real director about the film industry.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Michael Jackson when I was about 6 or 7... heh dosen't sound to good does it. Nah it was at disney world he stopped the pirates of the carribean ride so he could ride alone personally. He let everyone get an autograph from him afterwards for the botheration, I remember being creeped out and clinging to my dad. He was just starting to be a weird dude then, but not as much as he is now.

·
Hiding In My Den
1,955 Posts
I haven't but 1 of my online friends who I've known for over 3 years is an editor for tv/movies and he's met tons of famous people.

·
blessed with lucky sevens
840 Posts
I hate the word but I'll roll with it.

Andrew Reynolds, Bryan Herman, Dustin Dollin, and Braydon Szafranski, etc. at a signing in my home town. That was sick! :)

Also, I have the bass pick from Interpol's bassist Carlos Dengler from their Brisbane show when he throw the pick to the crowd and my friend caught it and then gave it to me because I was the die-hard fan.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Yes - Mark Owen, he's really nice and down to earth, and every time i've seen him since he's recognised me and we've chatted.

·
subtastic
7,692 Posts
I've met a bunch of Canadian semi-celebrities. Probably none are worth mentioning. I once chilled with an indie rock star at his father's new year's day open house. That was pretty funny. And another indie rock star used to read my blog. I'm not sure why she did; it was terrible.

In general, I tend to see lots of semi-famous (or during film fest, fully famous) people moseying around Toronto, but I don't approach any of them.

·
Après moi, le déluge
5,682 Posts
I met Joshua Radin after a concert in Berlin about two weeks ago. I spoke to him for a few minutes, got him to autograph my ticket, got a picture with him, and he recorded a video message for my friend in Cincinnati. It was beyond awesome. I love Joshua Radin. And now I know he's a really cool guy.

I've also met Sarah McLachlan before Lilith Fair back in 1997. I blubbered like an idiot.

I met Gloria Steinem at a book signing after she'd given a talk.

I also got Rivers Cuomo's autograph by holding my ticket out while he autographed them for a group of people after a Weezer concert.

I shook John Kerry's hand once at a campaign stop.

I had an extended conversation with Ted Nugent once when I was in junior high, but I had no idea who he was. It was back when I was big-time into archery and he stopped into the place where I used to practice. My dad told me later who he was and I said, "Who?"

Have a nice day,
Kelly :)

·
Viva La Raza!
34,841 Posts
tank abbot from UFCW was a patient when i worked in Huntington Beach CA

fabian nicieza an author that was doing a signing in OC (forgot where)

tom platz a famous bodybuilder was giving a seminar in LA that i attended along with aaron baker another famous bodybuilder

·
Registered
24 Posts
I met Keesha Smith, from Big Brother 10 (reality tv show) She used to work with one of my best friends and that's how I met her.

When I go on my vacation to L.A. I'm hoping I'll get to meet a few.

·
Magnanimous carcinoma
6,888 Posts
Someone I used to know is now a sort of celebrity, but I don't want to say who it is.

In college, I used to sit behind a guy who's a professional baseball player.

I met Tom Waits' son (not the same as the man himself, but he's a lot cooler than most actual celebrities).

I met Bo Jackson when I was a kid at some stupid "empowerment" thing my school did. It was him and an Olympic ice skater chick. Anyway, he tried to high five me as he ran by, and I left him hanging. Even at such a young age, I was a total raging *****. I didn't want that guy touching me. Instead of doing the normal thing and leaving... going on to the next unwilling child... he ****ing STOOD THERE waiting for his hand-to-hand contact. I finally limply raised my hand just so he'd leave me alone.

My dad has met several celebrities through his work, but I never had a chance to meet any of them. He's also old school friends with a professional race car driver.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts