Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A big storm is coming and i just got in one of those moods where im willing to read spooky freaky weird stories about the paranormal ,YOUR paranormal stories !

shoot now !:b

·
Registered
928 Posts
I love paranormal stuff. But have never experienced anything.

My mother thinks the reason why my dad always builds brand new houses instead of buying older used houses, is because he once saw a ghost as a child in an old house. Every family home Ive lived in, has been just built. When mum and dad broke up, he even rented a brand new house.

One thing that always freaks me out is.. Our surround sound system in the lounge, suddenly turns on in the middle of the night and always at full volume? Usually when theres a storm. Could be related to a storm surge or power outage (then speakers powering up again). But it freaks me out everytime. My partner and I were paralyzed with fear the first time it happened. Seriously we did not move and just lay in bed stunned. LOL.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I love talking about this stuff....

I've experienced weird things for as long as I can remember but didn't actually see anything until I was about 29 years old.

We were living in an old house and although my partner had lived there with his ex-wife (for 14 years), he hadn't noticed anything at all, until my daughter and I moved in.

We had those remote home phones and I always made sure I kept one in it's cradle, on my bedside table, just incase someone called during the night.

I woke up one night and could hear the phone being dialled. I actually sat up and said "I can hear the phone." My partner (who could sleep through a bomb going off in the same room) also said he could hear it. It was strange but we both went back to sleep. BTW, my daughter was staying at her Dad's that nite.

I got up the next morning to use the ladies room and the phone was laying on the floor of our bedroom, at the foot of the bed. Kinda freaked me out a little.

Then, about a month later, I was sitting in our kitchen, looking into the loungeroom (it was an open space kind of thing). I swear to God, I saw a small boy suddenly walk across the loungroom, then disappear. He had a long nightgown on, dark hair in a kind of bowl cut.

During the few years we lived there, I saw the boy quite often, usually watching my children play. My eldest 2 children would talk to "the little boy", like it was nothing out of the ordinary.

Just before we moved, I was standing near the back door and out of the corner of my eye, saw what I thought was my son, running past me to go outside. I even stepped aside to let him past. The I looked down the hall, and all 3 children were in the living room.

There have been others but this was the first and most intense.

·
Banned
372 Posts
ooh that little boy one is creepy! I wish things like that happened to me.
I enjoy paranormal stories even though I'm skeptical. This is the only kind-of creepy thing that has happened to me.

When I was little me and my sister shared a room. We were about to fall asleep when I started hearing music very faintly as if the radio was on. I asked my sister who was on the lower bunk to turn it off, and she said it wasn't on. She said that she could hear it too. It could have been a neighbor's radio, but it sounded like it was coming from our room, only very quietly.
that's not a very good one, i know :p

·
Registered
30 Posts
ooh that little boy one is creepy! I wish things like that happened to me.
I enjoy paranormal stories even though I'm skeptical. This is the only kind-of creepy thing that has happened to me.

When I was little me and my sister shared a room. We were about to fall asleep when I started hearing music very faintly as if the radio was on. I asked my sister who was on the lower bunk to turn it off, and she said it wasn't on. She said that she could hear it too. It could have been a neighbor's radio, but it sounded like it was coming from our room, only very quietly.
that's not a very good one, i know :p
That's pretty creepy! Especially since you both heard it.

I shared a room with my younger sister, also. One night, I was dreaming about a Church Youth event or something. There was an overhead projector turned on. Now, you know when you walk in front of an overhead projector, your image is maginified onto whatever surface it's shining on? Well, in my dream, a guy with really big ears walked in front of it and so they looked massive on the wall...

I was just about to laugh (in my dream), when my sister screamed. My mum came running in and my sister said she saw a man with big ears in our room!

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
Yeah, at my old house I had quite a few paranormal experiences, and suprisingly enough so did alot of people who came to visit, leading me to beleive that the place was haunted.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Wow mine aren't nearly as cannon as the ones in this thread.. but here goes.

First one isn't mine, but my dad's. He was a teenager in the 70's and by the time he graduated high school half of his friends had already died from doing various crazy 70's teenage-boy stuff.. like riding dirtbikes drunk through town. Well, one day he was showering getting ready to go to one of his closest friend's funeral and when he got out of the shower he swears he saw his friend through the mirror, standing behind him. He had to do a double take and when he looked back his friend was gone. I've asked him to tell the story a few different time, years apart and he always tells it exactly the same.

When I was about 12 we moved into a house and one of our first nights there my brother told me he could hear two voices whispering near the far wall of the livingroom, but he assumed it was just people outside. But then every night around 2 AM my dog would start barking, freaking out. When my parents got up to see what she was barking at she was standing right in front of that wall, staring at it, barking and growling at nothing. This went on for weeks.

aanndd for my final one. A year or so ago I was sitting in our computer room and it was around 3 in the morning. It was dead silent and the window was open. All the sudden I heard this really loud noise that almost sounded like a human-sized cricket and it was clearly coming from down the street. I was confused but didn't think much of it until the sound got closer and louder, and finally it sounded like it was right outside the window.. I could feel eyes on the back of my head (probably paranoia), and I really wanted to turn around and look but I was frozen. The 'thing' stood outside the window for a minute or so, making such a loud clicking noise I thought for sure my parents had heard. Finally, when I didn't move, it continued down the street and the noise got quieter and further away. at the pace that any regular person would walk. I didn't sleep the entire night lol.

sorry it was so long

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Was putting flowers on my grandparents' grave, when, out of the corner of my eye, I saw an old lady walking down the path running parallel to the graves. She was wearing a raincoat and walking towards me. When I looked round, I couldn't see her, and assumed she was laying flowers behind one of the gravestones on the other side of the path. But when I moved to higher ground and got a good view of that part of the graveyard, there was no-one there. I wasn't spooked, just puzzled.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I know this is going to sound like complete BS, but my 36 year old father and his 30 something odd friend kept telling us this happened. They aren't religious, or weirdos, they are grown a** men, and they were scared out of their witts.

They were sitting in my dad's car, waiting for my grandmother to come out to go somewhere. It was late, so they just relaxed and listened to music. They were approached by two women, with cans, asking for money. This is how he described them: they looked like they were wearing cheesy white wigs, their faces were sunken in, and their eyes were completely black.

Now, my dad knows when something is wrong, and so does his friend. They screamed and told them to leave, yelling and yelling, then the women ran away in almost a super speed. This next part, is what haunts my dad for life. The women ran to a gate that borders a freeway, and jumped over it.. here's the weird part. They had hooves. WTF. :afr

I don't think my dad has been the same since. :eek:

·
SAS Member
31,286 Posts
Our surround sound system in the lounge, suddenly turns on in the middle of the night and always at full volume? Usually when theres a storm. Could be related to a storm surge or power outage
Could be. Is your system on some kind of timer? If there is some kind of power surge, maybe it's resetting to a factory default where the timer is set. I don't know for sure. Just throwing that out there.

·
Space Cadet
2,458 Posts
I remember one really creepy thing that happened when I was about ten or so, which I still can't explain. My parents had gone out for the night (on a married-people date) and I was home alone. It was winter so it got dark early, and by six it was pretty much pitch black out. I was sitting in my room upstairs at my computer writing silly stories (this is before I had the internet). Out of nowhere there was a huge bang from the basement, shook the whole house, and the power went out. I was quite alarmed, because I didn't know if an electrical transformer had blown up or what. So I managed to make my way to the kitchen and find the small flashlight my mom kept in the drawer of tools in the kitchen. I was planning on going downstairs to the fuse box to see if something had happened there. As soon as I opened the door, I could swear that I heard whispering down there, which stopped as soon as I opened the door. By now I was pretty scared, because I didn't know if somebody had broken into the house and was still in the basement or whether I was just hearing things. I figured I'd still go down there to see what was going on, but I thought it might be best if I brought a kitchen knife with me, so I did that. When I came back to the door, I swear that I heard whispers again, which stopped as soon as I was at the door. I was holding the knife in one hand and the flashlight in the other, and I shouted down that if there was anyone down there they better get out, because the cops were coming and I was armed (which was stupid, because anyone could tell from my voice that I was scared ****less). I didn't hear anything. I started to go down the stairs, shining the flashlight in any place where I thought a person could be. By the time I got to the bottom of the stairs I had shined it in most of the areas where somebody could hide and didn't see anything. I moved to the laundry room where the fuse box was, but I didn't see anything wrong with it. That's also where one of two windows in the basement is, and it wasn't broken, so nobody could have gotten in that way.

What happened next is where it really got creepy. As I'm looking at the window I swear to god I heard whispering just a few inches away from my ear. I screamed like a girl and turned around, but nothing was there. Of course by now I'm trying to rationalize what the hell is going on, so I wonder if I was just hearing things, like a hallucination. I figure that I should check the storage room down there, since that's where the other window to the basement is. So I walk over there and when I get to the door I hear that soft whispering again, coming from behind the door, and I feel a chill. I still have the knife clutched in my hands, and by this time I'm in a fight-or-flight mindset. I figure that if somebody did break in I would have to face them now, because my house is out in the middle of nowhere and there was no way the cops would be able to get there anytime soon. So I raised the knife, threw open the door, when all of a sudden a couple of guys who were up to no good, started making trouble in my neighborhood. I got in one little fight and my mom got scared, and said "You're moving with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air".

·
Done with SA
1,818 Posts
I've had quite a few, actually. More when I was younger. I'll just mention two.

The very first one (I think I was about 7 or 8 at the time) was when I was at my grandmother's house and she left the room to go check the tea she was making for us. I was sitting on the bed and suddenly her rocking chair started rocking by itself. I got so scared, but I couldn't move because it fascinated me. I just watched it rock maybe five times and then it stopped. A few moments later my grandmother came back in the room and I never said a word about it, but from that day on, I never sat in her rocking chair again. I was so happy when she got rid of it.

Another one was when I was getting ready for church one morning. My mom and her boyfriend at the time were in their room getting ready, my sister was in her room getting dressed, and I was heading to the bathroom down the hallway to take a quick shower. I opened the door to the bathroom and I saw these two really tall and dark, but still transparent figures at the end of the hallway from the corner of my eye. I turned to them fully and then I was just stuck there, hand still holding the doorknob, for at least 2 minutes. I remember my eyes being wide and I dropped my clothing and went to tell my mom. I dragged her into the hallway, but it was too late. Whatever it was was gone. It probably wasn't helped by the fact that the neighbor told us some people had died in that house a long time ago. So, I'm still not decided on whether it was actually something I saw or something my mind made up because I'd heard about the people dying.

These little experiences definitely don't help with me trying to think I'm not weird or creepy.

·
Positively Revolting Hag
6,547 Posts
I haven't had any experiences, thank goodness. I'd get so scared! Last night I was going to read this thread but then I decided it was better not to. Hopefully I'll have forgotten everything in here by the time I go to bed lol.

·
Geese
20,768 Posts
I used to have night terrors as a kid (5-12years old) where I would wake up and walk around as if I was wide awake but I was actually still consciously completely asleep. I would then think the walls were collapsing on me. Have one of them on video that my parents recorded to show the doctors once, they had no idea what was going on and thankfully I grew out of it.

Pretty freaky looking into my eyes on the video and seeing that no-body is home.

·
Banned
372 Posts
I figure that if somebody did break in I would have to face them now, because my house is out in the middle of nowhere and there was no way the cops would be able to get there anytime soon. So I raised the knife, threw open the door, when all of a sudden a couple of guys who were up to no good, started making trouble in my neighborhood. I got in one little fight and my mom got scared, and said "You're moving with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air".
aww man.. that was so anticlimactic.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts