Votes: 46 73.0%
  • No

Votes: 17 27.0%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Poorly Educated
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you ever flipped someone off in an act of anger or defiance? I have many times but not recently. :D I've also been on the receiving end a few times, to which I gladly returned the gesture.

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
Yes - to jerks who do things to me while I am trying to run the streets. I don't do it anymore.

·
Registered
18,888 Posts
I prefer the verbal "**** you!!" over the sign language.

I'm not sure if I've ever flipped anyone off.

It's kinda like that Seinfeld episode, you know, if you're mad at someone on the phone and want to hang up on them, you slam it down to send a message... But if you use a portable phone, all you can do is give them the quiet click. That's what the flip-off is to me: The quiet click. Not good enough :)

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
Some pro-life pin heads were protesting outside a Planned Parenthood and they got the middle finger of both hands for the entire time I was stopped at a red light.

Despite passing the location countless times, I'd never noticed a Planned Parenthood office was even there till these nice folks with their aborted fetus pictures helped point it out to me.

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
I used to flip people off when they would honk at me to get me to jump, while I was walking on the side of the road, something that happens quite often. One time a guy honked, I flipped him off, and he was waiting for me in the next parking lot when I passed, out of his car. He was some meathead tough guy, and said "Do you have a problem?" I just passed by him, then he swore at me and got in his car and followed me a bit before giving up. So that's a lesson that teaches you that it might not be wise to do it, because those who would incite you to flip them off aren't the nicest people, and your reflexive gesture might be all they need to allow them to fully vent their frustrations on someone. Just slough it off.

·
Banned
3,641 Posts

I'm not sure if I've ever flipped anyone off.

It's kinda like that Seinfeld episode, you know, if you're mad at someone on the phone and want to hang up on them, you slam it down to send a message... But if you use a portable phone, all you can do is give them the quiet click. That's what the flip-off is to me: The quiet click. Not good enough :)
Hmmm yeah, now that I think about it, you probably wouldn't get the same feeling of satisfaction.
--------

Honestly, I can't really recall, well actually... maybe once or twice. It's feels good in the moment and, unless it was deserved, not so much afterwards.

·
Registered
612 Posts
These days this is my preferred method.

I've flipped people off in the past, but it's never amounted to anything. No positive or negative outcomes. Not even a dumb sense of self-satisfaction.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.