Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Have you ever dropped anything in a river/lake?

• Yes

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 40.0%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
😒🤡
6,186 Posts
If picking a rock out of the lake then throwing it back in counts. Other than that, I haven't. But that's not dropping it in the lake. lol

·
Loathed Loiterer
7,856 Posts
I am pretty sure I have, but I can't recall at the moment.

·
Administrator
8,873 Posts
No, but I almost dropped my dad's keys down a drain once. They were very close to falling in.

·
Terminator
13,154 Posts
No, thankfully. :)

No, but I almost dropped my dad's keys down a drain once. They were very close to falling in.
Oh man, imagine what could have happened if they fell in, mate >:):kiss:

·
SAS Member
8800 blue lick road
41,964 Posts
Lol I love this 'character arc' I'm just picturing you have like an increasing compulsive-throwing-things-in-lakes problem. Like now you're in denial so you just 'dropped it in the lake. Opps.' And maybe later something weirder is going to be dropped in the lake.

But anyway I don't think so, I'm like obsessively careful when I get near water like that holding things. I've almost lost some flipflops in the sea a few times I guess, but managed to get them back.

·
Administrator
8,873 Posts
No, thankfully. :)

Oh man, imagine what could have happened if they fell in, mate >:):kiss:
I think it was the day we helped my sister move to her new house, so that would have been bad. >:):kiss:

·
Banned
16,644 Posts
When I was 10 I dropped my fishing pole from a boat in about 40 feet of water and when my stepbrother reeled in his pole, my pole came up on his hook

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
In 2019 I was staying for several days in a Hare Krishna eco-village in Colombia (I had no idea it was Hare Krishna-affiliated until I got there). I agreed to go swim in a nearby creek with the other volunteers my last night there, at like 4 in the morning. I wore my glasses because I didn't want to bother with putting in my contacts. We walked in the pitch dark night to the creek, and everyone was pressuring me to get into the cold cold water.

Foolish me, I didn't take off my glasses before dunking my head underwater! They slipped away into oblivion, sinking into the stream, while the others calmly chanted "Hare krishna, krishna hare..." I tried looking on the bottom but it was pretty deep and awfully cold, so I eventually gave up.

On the way back I said to a German volunteer, "Wow, that's too bad I lost my glasses. They were really good glasses." She replied, "Excuse me, but can we talk about this later? I want to focus on enjoying the night."

So, my answer is yes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts