Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Have you ever disliked a school teacher?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Karmically Cryptic
Wonder
836 Posts
Yes. Very much so and more than one.

·
Super Moderator
4,803 Posts
I've had my share of some terrible teachers. Some who actually 'bullied' me. One that I think was prominent and sealed for me to give up on my weak subject in mathematics was my ninth grade algebra I teacher. When she seen that I was not progressing well (falling behind so terribly and told my parents how bad it was at an open house, actually) she openly mocked my performance even after I expressed concern from almost the start. There was a teacher's aide but he was a bit useless and even seemed to have sided with her. You know karma isn't real when years later seeing the said-teacher is now promoted as a principal's assistant.

Reactions: haterofall

·
customusertitle
740 Posts
French teacher probably. Her french was so bad + seemed to hate herself and her job.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Failure's Art
1,904 Posts
Surprisingly no. I liked pretty much every teacher I ever had. Sometimes I would actually get a little emotional at the end of the school year when it was time to move on to the next grade. I can be very sentimental at times about that stuff.

·
Socializing with myself
4,962 Posts
I wouldn't use the word disliked for me. I would say uncomfortable.

I felt very uncomfortable around my 10th grade English teacher, because she rip up my essay and toss it in the garbage in front of the class. My 12th grade special teacher said to me in front of my face that no one was born perfect? She's referring to my writing when it comes to grammar and spelling.

I'm really not a person who opens up to people. I always keep to myself, but the people always make trouble with me. I try standing up for myself.

·
📝📸🎬💾🎲&#991
6,572 Posts
Dr. Lan from my data structures class, whose answer to every question (not that I asked any but others did) was "read the book!" comes to mind. Especially grating in university where people were paying him to tell them to RTFM.

Also a Spanish teacher who wasn't a bad person but was overbearingly social and close-talking and intimidating.

·
drifting in mist
435 Posts
Yes but I remember many more good ones than bad. We had a PE teacher that was kind of ridiculous and authoritarian - I wrote a parody song about him for my music class presentation.

·
Registered
---------------------------- ▓▓▓▓Groovy▓▓▓▓
7,505 Posts
I don't know if it counts, but I never got along with my PE teachers. I never really did understand what significance athletics held in school, which always frustrated me to begin with.

·
SAS Member
8800 blue lick road
41,964 Posts
I had a homophobic maths teacher who was also really bad at teaching/controlling a class. No positives to her at all lol.

I loved the time when she one day was sort of insulting the class by implying we were probably bad at science too because people who are bad at maths usually are. No you're just a **** teacher take your shade elsewhere. I was pretty good at science actually we had like 2 top sets because they couldn't decide which one should be top but it was pretty obvious that the one I was in was 2nd but yeah 2/4 so pretty good.

·
Loathed Loiterer
7,856 Posts
I had some I disliked, but most of them were fair despite disliking them. The only two that I really truly dislike because they are just plain awful people, were my 12th grade English teacher and my soccer coach (technically also a P.E teacher, but never was mine.)

The English teacher had some obvious borderline personality disorder where she had insane mood swings to the point where she will act inappropriately. Her final straw before retiring was when she took our class to a field trip about 2 hours away and she abandoned her class midway out of frustration. And she was forced to resign.

My soccer coach was a sociopath. He had zero empathy and often make us do humiliating stuff with no relation to soccer practice out of spite. He too was eventually fired after it was found he banned students from wearing sports bra for whatever reason.

·
bipolar
16,781 Posts
Mine were alright - although Mrs Williams, our French teacher was a bit up herself. (Australian slang for arrogant, full of herself, bit of a tosser - or basically just a wanker.)

·
SAS Member
716 Posts
have I ever liked a school teacher I wonder

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'm not sure I disliked a teacher, in the case of it being one-sided. I think they possibly didn't like me, and then, the mutual dislike was on.

·
Self isolating from self
3,002 Posts
My high school English teacher was kind of awful. She had graduated from the same school, but from what I had heard she didn't have the best of times while attending there. I guess she must have decided to take that out on her students.

·
Just a bit stitious
3,614 Posts
Yes. I had numerous bad teachers at all levels....elementary, middle and high school. And even college also. Definitely a big part of the reason why I was I had average to poor grades and didn’t get much out of it. College was especially a waste of time and money. My degree is nothing but a piece of paper collecting dust in a box down in the basement.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts