Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Gentle Impulsion
7,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can remember being bullied by my peers and my dad, it wasn't a fun experience. Sometimes it was physical, other time it was verbal. I guess I was just an easy target or something. Quiet, didn't hang out with many friends, read a lot, all that stuff. What makes me feel really bad about the situation is I tried to be friends with the bullies but they just used me more.

I wouldn't go right out and say that it caused my social anxiety but it probably moved it further along. Were you ever bullied by anyone?

·
Registered
595 Posts
I had a horrible hygyen problem and when people made comments about it not nessasarily to me but into thin air i assumed it was me( ANs it really was me. This one girl said something about to my back like out loud and that **** made me so miserable and ashamed i guess you can say that was bullying but i dont. She was stating a simple honest fact. She was right and thats that.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I was one of those kids who was very easy to wind up, so that made me a very fun target, so yes, but I also have to admitt that I was a bully myself later on, something I'm extremely ashamed of.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Yep, all throughout my time in junior high.

It was absolute hell.
Ah middle school.. People just go right up to you and say whatever they want to humiliate you.

Oddest thing I can honestly remember is that people did bully me yes, but then they also liked me in certain situations. Middle school was so confusing for me. :um I was a total wreck...

·
Registered
235 Posts
Constantly in JR high and a small amount (mostly verbal) in HS. In the 7th I would wear long sleeve shirts to hide the bruises. I was terrfied to go to school but I didn't tell anyone for months. I had to leave public school for private for two years.
Kids that age are animals but it's mostly hormones (i must not have gotten mine) so I guess I can forgive them.

·
nascentes morimur
587 Posts
People made some VICIOUS rumors about me, and they all believed them somehow. I was hated all throughout elementary school, and it got better around high school but I was still not invited to parties at all. Starting university tomorrow and i'm petrified

·
Rest In Pepperinos
1,454 Posts
Yep, I remember two of them. Actually i believe they are the ones that kick started my social anxiety... First person to bully me was this kid back in first grade. He always use to look at me with a mean look and laugh at me when i avoided him. I remember one time he squeezed my hand so hard cause we all had to hold hands for a dance or something. I wanted to yell and scream cause the pain was so much, But i didnt. Then in second grade I had this other kid which basically made my life a living hell. I still remember his name to this day. Not only did he used to bother me but his friends too. They were older than me too. I always used to avoid them any way possible in the lunch room. But sometimes they sat next to me on purpose just to bother me. Was terrible really cause every single day before getting ready i used to throw up cuase of the anxiety.

·
Banned
1,697 Posts
I was bullied from 6 to 14 years old constantly. It was a nightmare. One of the reasons why I don't like being around anybody hardly anymore. I still take names from my step dad that leads to fighting every now and then. :/

Whether it was physically or mentally, I've been bullied both ways.

·
medicinmels
81 Posts
I was and I am constantly bullied by other people and family members. The running joke is, "Shut up, you don't even have friends." Of course a statement like that shuts me up because it is 100% true.

When I was younger, I was always the new kid at school and no one ever took the time to get to know me and be my friend. People made fun of me for countless things. Now that I am older, I am made fun of for some of the same things but now I am bitter and people hate bitterness, LOL! The worst part is, I desperately sought friendship and looked like the desperate loner girl. Now, I don't bother because I am afraid of rejection. :/

I feel as though I can never be happy because all I think about are the hurtful things people have told me in life.

·
Banned
1,150 Posts
not much, I was bigger than most of the kids and if I did get bullied it was because of being a different color but majority of it was verbal, rarely if ever physical

·
Noona
3,492 Posts
MIddle school was when I was bullied the most. It was pretty bad. I dreaded going to school and I had separated myself from friends I had in elementary school. This was around the time when I realized that my self-esteem was pretty low and had no chance of going up. High School was kind of strange. I wasn't popular, but I wasn't completely invisible. I had friends, but it was never a tight-knit group like you see on TV. I was never bullied per se in High School, but every now and then someone would say something rude. I think the bullying in MS really shaped me for the worst and I never quite recovered from those days of torture.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I don't know if this bullying(is it called teasing?) but during my elementary and middle school years, people used to make up false rumors about me(in middle school) since I was so quiet and they knew that I wouldn't say anything about it. I would get teased about that false rumor about me. Sometimes people would ask me if they can borrow a pen or lead pencil and since I couldn't refuse, I would let them borrow one of mine, but most of them would not be returned to me since these people know that I wouldn't say anything about it. When I do have the courage to ask if I can have them returned to me, they would say something like, "ohh I left it at home", "or I forgot it". Eventually, they would not be returned and I would just give up on them, trying not to care. I used to think that if I let them borrow my stuff, especially all the "good" lead pencils/pens that were popular during those days(like Dr.Grip, or the character print lead pencils), they would befriend me(since I didn't have any friends) but it was all wrong. This one girl who always asks me if she can borrow my stuff (and I do lend things to her) acts all friendly toward me when her friends are around but she gives me this nasty look when no one else is looking. I didn't even understand why she did that and why she hated me since I don't remember doing anything to her; I've never been friends with her either - she was just my classmate. Anyways, during valentines days when students pass out candies to all the classmates, for some reason, I would be skipped and would just recieve one from a friendly student while other people got way more. When a student is passing out papers to everyone, I would be skipped but I just didn't have the courage to say everytime that I didn't get a paper. I would just go up to the teacher and ask her for the paper. Sometimes, these group of boys would play around and curse me saying, "****you, etc, etc." for no apparent reason. Probably they thought it's funny since I wouldn't respond to them(and I didn't know what I should say):um. This girl would tell me in a dersive tone,"Why are you so quiet?! What the ****is your problem?!" and I would simply answer, "what problem? what is YOUR problem?". I would be called a loner by some people.

Well, there's more but I don't want to post every single thing because it's pretty useless writing every single one of these incidents about the past.

For high school, fortunately, I was able to start homeschooling:D.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Bullying was non-existent to me aside from a few comments here and there in school. Somebody tried stealing something from my bag while in the cafeteria line and I caught them. They tried forcing it off me and ended up with a broken nose. Only time I've ever punched somebody, but most of my grade saw it and nothing ever happened after that. I guess it helps that I'm a big guy with long hair and a wicked leather jacket.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts